JG
Posted By
jennifer_getz
Jan 31, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Very strange…when attempting to add one, or any of my layers into the animation box, i am only able to duplicate the existing frame that is already in the animation box……and i never put it there in the first place…
the frame seems to be uneditable, except if i want to repeat the layer…….

Ive also tried dragging and/or importing the layers i want to use as animation, and am unable to get them to work or show up in an existing Photoshop file……

help??
thank you!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NK
Neil_Keller
Feb 1, 2009
Jennifer,

Please give us your system, OS, and PS stats so we know what kind of environment you’re working in. And the size and type details of the images you are attempting to animate.

Also, did you go through the Help menu/online help on how to do animations?

Thanks.
JG
jennifer_getz
Feb 1, 2009
Hello, thanks for the reply!

I work with a mac OS 10.5.6
PhotoShop is CS2, V9.0.2

I actually don’t have a problem creating the animation…the issue is attempting to carry it over into an existing psd file…..

Yes, I did look through the Help…
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Feb 1, 2009
Save the file you want to place and then go file place and select the file it will come in as a smart object but be a video sequence on a different layer.
JG
jennifer_getz
Feb 5, 2009
….it actually only worked when copying each frame, then pasting it in the new file……now for some reason, my animation plays fine when in photoshop, but when i do "save for web", and do a preview in browser, the animation does not work…..

thanks for all the help!
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Feb 5, 2009
File>Export>Render Video

Save for the Web choose Gif as the format and you can preview the animation in the Save for the Web dialog they have animation controls to the right side.
JG
jennifer_getz
Feb 5, 2009
did that, and can preview the animation fine in image ready, but if the animations not showing up in the browser preview, thats not good.
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Feb 5, 2009
How are you trying to open the file in the browser?

it is a quicktime is that correct? Or is ti a gif animation?
JG
jennifer_getz
Feb 5, 2009
it opens no problem, ..in photoshop, save for web, then clicking on browser icon
JG
jennifer_getz
Feb 5, 2009
sorry…its a gif anima
BG
Brian Gibson
Feb 6, 2009
To edit the layer, you’ll need to change it from indexed mode to RGB mode. That should let you edit them.
JG
jennifer_getz
Feb 7, 2009
thats how it is now…..problem is having/creating more than one animation on the same page/file

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections