Posted By
Dan_Macleod
May 17, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I’ve always used cmyk tifs for pictures in my print artwork.

I am now producing artwork for a 2 colour job and I have duotoned the image which is appearing in the artwork accordingly, but…

I don’t seem to be able to save a duotone (or monotone for that matter) as a tif in Photoshop? Does anyone know how I get a doutoned image into tiff format for print? Do I have to convert it back to cmyk – (but it’s only a two colour job! Black + PMS 194) I’m confused!

Many thanks for any help…

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BL
Bob Levine
May 17, 2007
How is this image going to be used? For InDesign just save as PSD and place that.

Bob
B
bilglas
May 18, 2007
I agree with Bob … hopefully you can use PSD. Alternatively, you can save the duotone photo as a Photoshop EPS file, but my instincts say you’re safer with PSD. There are circumstances where EPS files don’t work well; however, I don’t know what those circumstances are. I’m no guru … just an end-user.

As far as I’m aware, you can’t save a duotone as a TIF.

bilglas

================

wrote in message
Hi

I’ve always used cmyk tifs for pictures in my print artwork.
I am now producing artwork for a 2 colour job and I have duotoned the image which is appearing in the artwork accordingly, but…
I don’t seem to be able to save a duotone (or monotone for that matter) as a tif in Photoshop? Does anyone know how I get a doutoned image into tiff format for print? Do I have to convert it back to cmyk – (but it’s only a two colour job! Black + PMS 194) I’m confused!

Many thanks for any help…
DM
Dan_Macleod
May 18, 2007
Thanks – I have solved this – apparantly you can’t have monotone tiffs so it was saved an eps and then placed.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections