Posted By
Kevin_Stecyk
Jul 16, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I am using CS3 and Vista. I am trying to use the presets for duotones.

I go Image | Mode | Duotone | Load…and get nothing. The Duotones folder is empty. A quick search of the internet suggests that the files have been moved. So I searched my pc for *.ado and got nothing. No files.

Any advice?

Best regards,
Kevin

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

KS
Kevin_Stecyk
Jul 16, 2008
When I go to use my Duotones (Image | Mode | Duotone | Load) , I get the following default folder:

KHS | AppData | Roaming | Adobe | Adobe Photoshop CS3 | Presets | Duotones

KHS is my logon.

I have no idea why CS3 started looking in the AppData Roaming stuff. So I needed to go back to the Program folder and look in there. Once there, I did find the ADO files.

So I am surprised at two things:

1) Why CS3 would start looking in the roaming section first; and
2) Why a file search for *.ado turned up nothing.

Anyway, I think I am okay now.
F
freedda
Aug 20, 2008
Kevin, I just loaded CS3 on my computer running Windows XP, and had the same problem. PS ‘looked’ but couldn’t ‘see’ the presets loaded in the folder, C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Presets\Duotones. (I checked and confirmed that the .ado duotone presets files are there.)

To fix this, from the duotone menu, I went to Load, then backed all the way out of the folders, to My Computer, then when back in to the above folder, and wow, PS saw that the duotone presets are there. I closed the file, opened another and converted to Duotone, and PS is still seeing that presets.

In other words, the Duotone preset folder is not empty, you just have to coax PS in to seeing the preset files.

Best, David
JJ
John Joslin
Aug 20, 2008

1) Same happened to me when I tried to load "Actions".

2) you have to make sure you search "Everywhere".
F
freedda
Aug 20, 2008
John, I fixed my problem, but not sure what you mean by "search everywhere"?

d.
JJ
John Joslin
Aug 20, 2008
It says "No items matched your Search" but offers "Advanced Search".

Put in *.ado and search and it finds them.

(Don’t ask!)

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections