PM
Posted By
Padraigh_Munnelly
Jul 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Every time I try to correct red eye the pupil is coming out grey when I want black. How do I correct this?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 28, 2004
Padraigh,

For red eye try:

Work on a duplicate image or a copy layer
Select the red area plus a few pixels … feather a little. Enhance>Adjust colour>hue & sat> … select red from the edit box and reduce saturation to zero or thereabouts
Enhance>Brightness & contrast>levels .. move the left hand marker in about a third of the way and move the centre marker over to the right until the area goes dark … not too far or it will look artificial.

Wendy
KR
Kelvin_Ritchie
Jul 29, 2004
I had the same problem when I first tried the red eye reduction tool. You can use that tool then for the gray are use the Dodge tool to darken the area but Wendy’s solution is probably better since I’m a newbie at this stuff. I beginning to see with PSE there are usually several ways to solve a solution.

Kelvin
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 29, 2004
Kelvin,

Thats the joy of Elements .. there are so many different ways to do things 🙂

Wendy
BG
Byron Gale
Jul 30, 2004
Padraigh,

The Red-eye tool is Elements’ weakest link… and many, if not most, users deal with red eye via other means.

One good tutorial is found on Jay Arraich’s site:
http://www.arraich.com/elements/pse_eeredeye1.htm

If you haven’t been there before, you might find other helpful tutorials from Jay — so browse.

HTH,

Byron
RH
Ron Hunter
Jul 30, 2004
wrote:

Every time I try to correct red eye the pupil is coming out grey when I want black. How do I correct this?

No solution using red-eye correction, but you can use ‘burn’ to get the correct effect. Maybe someday Photoshop programmers will notice that human pupils are black, rather than grey as on the planet THEY come from. sigh.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections