JG
Posted By
John Grossbohlin
Dec 29, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been using PS CS for a couple years and have tried various red eye correction approaches with varying degrees of success. I keep thinking things could be better… The approach in the Photoshop CS Help seems reasonable but I end up with grey instead of black. I found reference to this happening with animals but humans?? Thoughts?

John

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

T
Tacit
Dec 30, 2007
In article ,
"John Grossbohlin" wrote:

I’ve been using PS CS for a couple years and have tried various red eye correction approaches with varying degrees of success. I keep thinking things could be better… The approach in the Photoshop CS Help seems reasonable but I end up with grey instead of black.

Yes, that’s correct. Once the eye is grey, use Curves or the Burn tool to darken it.

Photography, kink, polyamory, shareware, and more: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
JG
John Grossbohlin
Dec 31, 2007
"tacit" wrote in message
| In article ,
| "John Grossbohlin" wrote:
|
| > I’ve been using PS CS for a couple years and have tried various red eye | > correction approaches with varying degrees of success. I keep thinking | > things could be better… The approach in the Photoshop CS Help seems | > reasonable but I end up with grey instead of black. |
| Yes, that’s correct. Once the eye is grey, use Curves or the Burn tool | to darken it.

Curves worked OK… Thanks.

I’m still puzzled by why grey instead of black results?
C
catfish
Dec 31, 2007
"tacit" wrote in message
| In article ,
|
| > I’ve been using PS CS for a couple years and have tried various red eye | > correction approaches with varying degrees of success. I keep thinking | > things could be better… The approach in the Photoshop CS Help seems | > reasonable but I end up with grey instead of black. |
| Yes, that’s correct. Once the eye is grey, use Curves or the Burn tool | to darken it.

maybe – so you can see what and how much got covered? I’m just guessing.
TN
Tom Nelson
Dec 31, 2007
In article , John Grossbohlin
wrote:

"tacit" wrote in message
| In article ,
|

With the Red Eye tool selected, look in the Options Bar. The default Darken Amount is 45% but you can set any amount.

Tom
Tom Nelson Photography
T
Tacit
Dec 31, 2007
In article ,

The red eye reduction looks for the color red and desaturates it. Red, when desaturated, is gray, not black.

Photography, kink, polyamory, shareware, and more: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections