can photoshop do auto redeye correction ? what algorithm does it use ?

A
Posted By
asdfsdaf
Jul 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey folks,

The webapp below has an activex editor which does auto redeye correction. Can photoshop do this. which one is better ?

I found the below from a newsgroup posting. Hope that it is useful for people.

AOL Pictures Redesigned (location : http://pictures.aol.com ) – a PURE WEB APPLICATION – no download required – offers FREE excellent and safe archive of all your digital pictures. All you need to do is signup for a Free AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) account or use the one if you already are a aim member. The main features that i use it for is

1) UNLIMITED upload of images of different formats – no size limits
2) Download all the images that you uploaded in their fullest
resolution (NO OTHER WEBSITE OFFERS THIS FEATURE). To download back, click on Actions->Save to Computer.
3) All images are private to you until you share the album with your friends thru sharing feature and even then, only your friends can view the album – so very good privacy.
4) Share pictures to your friends via email and they can view them as guest and download the fullest resolutions
5) DHTML magic at works in album view where you can drag and drop and rearrange pictures in album (similar to how you do it in windows explorer – shift/ctrl selection – pretty cool.
5) Optionally, free screen saver tool for pictures and full featured activex based editor (the only editor which can do AUTO REDEYE CORRECTION and has other features like auto enhance)
Give it a try.

To get a free AIM account – type in below url
https://my.screenname.aol.com/_cqr/registration/initRegistra tion.psp?mcState=initialized&siteId=beta_prod&authLe v=1&siteState=OrigUrl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fbeta%252Eaol% 252Ecom%252Fprojects%252Faol_pictures%252Fredirect%252Ephp&a mp;isSiteStateEncoded=true%E2%8C%A9=en&locale=us&cre ateSn=1&mcAuth=%2FBc

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

S
Stephan
Jul 30, 2005
asdfsdaf wrote:
Hey folks,

The webapp below has an activex editor which does auto redeye correction. Can photoshop do this. which one is better ?

AOL Pictures Redesigned (location : http://pictures.aol.com ) – a PURE WEB APPLICATION

Oh I am sure it is much better than Photoshop, AOL is known as the finest thing that ever happened to the Internet.

For AOL users: The above is a "sarcasm"
You can find the definition for sarcasm here:
http://tinylink.com/?Q3b3SmGHx4

Stephan

BTW ActiveX is not good for you.
D
Dave
Jul 30, 2005
On 30 Jul 2005 13:23:47 -0700, "asdfsdaf" wrote:

Hey folks,

I’m sure you don’t know anything about PS, otherwise
you would not ask this question:-(

I am since 1990 on internet, and have never used AOL.
(are you spamming us?)

Please supply a link to any of this web gallery’s, ’cause I could not find a link other then joining something before inspecting it.

Dave
T
Tacit
Jul 30, 2005
In article ,
"asdfsdaf" wrote:

Photoshop does not have an automatic, "click and drool" redeye correction command. However, Photoshop’s color correction capabilities are among the best in the world; you can, if you know the program, use Photoshop to remove redeye.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
R
Roy
Jul 31, 2005
"asdfsdaf" wrote in message
Hey folks,

AOL Pictures Redesigned (location : http://pictures.aol.com ) – a PURE WEB APPLICATION – no download required – offers FREE excellent and safe archive of all your digital pictures. All you need to do is signup for a Free AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) account or use the one if you already are a aim member. The main features that i use it for is
resolution (NO OTHER WEBSITE OFFERS THIS FEATURE). To download back, click on Actions->Save to Computer.
3) All images are private to you until you share the album with your friends thru sharing feature and even then, only your friends can view the album – so very good privacy.
4) Share pictures to your friends via email and they can view them as guest and download the fullest resolutions
5) DHTML magic at works in album view where you can drag and drop and rearrange pictures in album (similar to how you do it in windows explorer – shift/ctrl selection – pretty cool.
5) Optionally, free screen saver tool for pictures and full featured activex based editor (the only editor which can do AUTO REDEYE CORRECTION and has other features like auto enhance)
Give it a try.

https://my.screenname.aol.com/_cqr/registration/initRegistra tion.psp?mcState=initialized&siteId=beta_prod&authLe v=1&siteState=OrigUrl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fbeta%252Eaol% 252Ecom%252Fprojects%252Faol_pictures%252Fredirect%252Ephp&a mp;isSiteStateEncoded=true%E2%8C%A9=en&locale=us&cre ateSn=1&mcAuth=%2FBc

This clown has been SPAMMING lots of other groups about this AOL application. I wonder if AOL have realised that SPAMMING is cheaper than TV Advertising.

Things must be getting tough at AOL.

Roy G
S
Stephan
Jul 31, 2005
Roy wrote:

This clown has been SPAMMING lots of other groups about this AOL application. I wonder if AOL have realised that SPAMMING is cheaper than TV Advertising.

They don’t even send me CDs with 3 million free hours for 30 days.

Stephan
R
Roy
Jul 31, 2005
"Stephan" wrote in message
Roy wrote:

Stephan

Hi Stephan.

That is probably because there aren’t 3 million hours in 30 days. I had better check those sums, where is that B***** Calculator.

Roy G
K
KatWoman
Jul 31, 2005
maybe they are freelancers working on commission.
more spoon feed me crap from AOL
selling to PS users is like asking us to give up our Mercedes for little red wagons.

"Roy" wrote in message
"asdfsdaf" wrote in message
Hey folks,

Give it a try.

Roy G
KW
Ken Wright
Jul 31, 2005
That is probably because there aren’t 3 million hours in 30 days.

That’s the point – Some of their original offers gave you more free hours than you could physically use in the time allotted.

Regards
Ken……………………………
H
Hecate
Jul 31, 2005
On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 06:27:34 GMT, Stephan wrote:

Roy wrote:

We get those all the time in computer magazines. It means we get to change our coasters every month 🙂

Hecate – The Real One

Fashion: Buying things you don’t need, with money
you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like…
H
Hecate
Jul 31, 2005
On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 20:44:05 GMT, "Ken Wright" wrote:

That is probably because there aren’t 3 million hours in 30 days.

That’s the point – Some of their original offers gave you more free hours than you could physically use in the time allotted.

Regards
Ken……………………………
We had several disks from them giving us 750 hours for a calendar month. For a 30 day month, there are 720 hours.

Would you use an ISP that can’t count? 🙂

Hecate – The Real One

S
Stephan
Aug 1, 2005
Hecate wrote:
On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 06:27:34 GMT, Stephan wrote:

Roy wrote:

We get those all the time in computer magazines. It means we get to change our coasters every month 🙂
I used them in the veggie garden to scare birds away

Stephan
H
Hecate
Aug 2, 2005
On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 22:33:29 GMT, Stephan wrote:

<g> I try and attract birds – I give them food and water them and in return they provide with lots of free images 😉

Hecate – The Real One

L
LarryW
Aug 3, 2005
tacit wrote:

In article ,
"asdfsdaf" wrote:

Photoshop does not have an automatic, "click and drool" redeye correction command.

New cs2 version does actually have a one click redeye reduction tool.
K
KatWoman
Aug 3, 2005
"Hecate" wrote in message

<g> I try and attract birds – I give them food and water them and in return they provide with lots of free images 😉

Hecate – The Real One

"I used them in the veggie garden to scare birds away"

hehe when you have 15 cats there is no need of CD’s to scare away the birds. I have often wondered how AOL can spend so much on give away CD’s and fancy printing, just happy some layout artist somewhere still has a job.
S
SCRUFF
Aug 4, 2005
"KatWoman" wrote in message
"Hecate" wrote in message

Hecate – The Real One

"I used them in the veggie garden to scare birds away"
hehe when you have 15 cats there is no need of CD’s to scare away the
birds.
I have often wondered how AOL can spend so much on give away CD’s and
fancy
printing, just happy some layout artist somewhere still has a job.

It’s called "Extreme Profit Margin."

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections