Posted By
Lorace_Graham
Jul 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

LG
Lorace_Graham
Jul 25, 2004
I just discovered this site. There are 4 pages of different quilt designs which would be neat for backgrounds. The gal who runs the website merely asks that it not be used commercially and that there be a link to her website.

I will be using one of her quilts as background in my Challenge #77 picture.

<http://dlstewart.com/clipart.htm>

In case anyone is interested.

Lorace
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 25, 2004
those are really nice ! I’d love to see them all as ‘one’large piece.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 25, 2004
Thanks Lorace …..

Wendy
TF
Terri_Foster
Jul 26, 2004
Lorace,

Thanks for the link. Always good to see new concepts. You know that wouldn’t be too hard to do in PSE with a little patience. All you have to do is set up a new document and widen the window up so you have some of the gray box then set up your pattern with the polygonal lasso going out into gray so you don’t end up with lines on the edge of the document. Then after you have your grid laid out in selection form stroke it. Then pick out a pattern you want to use. Do a pattern fill under the grid. Click on the grid and select the places you want the pattern. Select Inverse then go back to the pattern fill, click the mask portion, then fill with black. The whole patch work could be done in this manner. If white in corners next to black grid, you could use the maximum in the pattern mask to extend the pattern selection a few pixels. Hey, I bet a patchwork pattern like those would look pretty cool applied to a piece of line art.

Terri
JC
Jane Carter
Jul 26, 2004
They are very pretty! Thank you for her link.
I would love to try to make some, that sounds like a fun project. This could be another snowflake thing! Ray will see this soon perhaps.
I will give it a try this afternoon, when we get home from our bike ride. Jane
LG
Lorace_Graham
Jul 26, 2004
Wow! Terri what a great tutorial you have written here!

Thanks. I’m thrilled with the concept – and am so glad you all enjoyed these. DLStewart is a very interesting and nice person.

Lorace

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections