CS
Posted By
Chris_Sicilia
Mar 30, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have about 200 pictures that have a white background that I need to change to blue. Normally I would use the wand, crop it with the pen or do a color selection. The only one that is working is the pen but it is taken way to long and was hoping someone would know on a better faster way to change the white background to blue and possibly even making it a action so it wouldn’t take that long.

A sample image is at <http://www.permacastonline.com/e9.jpg>

If anyone can point me into a way I can do this easyily I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Chris

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

ZB
Zeno_Bokor
Mar 30, 2009
i’m afraid there’s no easy way because of those metallic objects, they’re too close to the color of the background.

Use the Magic Wand Tool with a low tolerance(don’t go much higher than 10) and the Contiguous checkbox turned on. After you get a rough selection going, select the Quick Selection Tool to get the tougher parts and then select Refine Edge from the Options Bar to finish up the selection.
P
Phosphor
Mar 30, 2009
All I know is I’m glad it’s not my job to do.

I’d be trying to figure a way to steer the job so that I could keep the background the way it is.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections