KR
Posted By
Kelvin_Ritchie
Jul 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If you have a photo from a digital camera uploaded to your harddrive and the open that photo in PSE 2.0 and try to attach it using Apple’s Mail program, PSE will crash or unexpectently quits.

Open the photo.
Choose Attach to Email from the File menu or toolbar icon. A warning dialog prompts you the photo is too large and asks if you want to convert to a smaller size. Choose Send As is.
Another dialog appears warning you that the file is not a JPEG, even though the camera photo is a JPG and it appears to be one when opened in PSE. Select convert.

Mail opens. Sometimes the photo is imbedded in the email form and sometimes it’s not. When the email has the imbedded photo sometimes PSE crashes. If the photo is not imbedded and you quit the email form and do the whole thing again then PSE crashes.

If you choose not to convert to JPEG then PSE seems to crash all the time.

When I send the photo to myself after choosing Convert the colors seem washed out compared to the original open in PSE.

Anyone else seeing this?

I’m using an iBook G4 14", 1.2gzh, 768m ram, 60gig HD, 10.3.4. PSE has all updates as well.

Thanks,

Kelvin

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jul 16, 2004
Yes, this is a known bug since jaguar. Just use the attach button in mail.app instead.
KR
Kelvin_Ritchie
Jul 16, 2004
Thanks for the info.
Is this a Mac OS issue or an Adobe issue? Seems like a lot of time has passed since Jaguar and now Panther is out and this is an easily reproduced problem.

Kelvin
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jul 16, 2004
Seems like a lot of time has passed since Jaguar and now Panther is out and this is an easily reproduced problem.

Yes, but PE 2 came out when 10.1.5 was current and there have been no updates since. I would presume that whenever/if ever PE 3 rolls around it will work with more current versions of the OS.
KR
Kelvin_Ritchie
Jul 16, 2004
I was prompted to download an PSE updater after installing it. I guess I just won’t use the Attach to Email feature. Any other major bugs I should be made aware of?

Thanks

Kelvin
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jul 16, 2004
No other major bugs except that fake updater. What you saw is a program that PE uploads to check for updates. There have not been any. It’s best to just disable the check for updates feature.

If there ever were an update you would hear about here, loudly, no doubt.

There are a few newer recipes you can get by clicking "get new recipes" in the recipe palette.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jul 16, 2004
Oh, I forgot. There’s also a bug with the pdf slideshow, I think it is, where everything comes in in reverse order. In windows you can fix it, but not on the mac.

Gang, was that the slideshow I’m thinking of?
BH
Beth_Haney
Jul 16, 2004
Yup.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jul 17, 2004
Thanks, Beth!
KR
Kelvin_Ritchie
Jul 17, 2004
Thanks everyone.

Kelvin

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections