AN
Posted By
Ann_NMN_Stark
Oct 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I like to cut and paste between Elements and Publisher (since I can’t create a multi-photo document with Elements). But after I paste into Publisher, Elements crashes (no error message…just disappears off the screen except for the left-hand tool-bar). It no longer shows as a running application or process, and I have to re-start the computer to get Elements back; but I can’t run both apps at the same time. I’m running a Pentium 4 on XP with 512 RAM and I’ve downloaded and installed the patches for Elements. Any suggestions???? Thanks !!!!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PD
Pete_D
Oct 16, 2003
Ann,

I suspect that you are overloading memory cutting and pasting.

Try to "drag and drop" the photos instead of the cut and paste. This does not take the memory that a cut and paste does….. Resize the Publisher window and PSE window so they are side by side, choose the "move" tool and drag the picture on to your Pub document.

Or you could make any changes you want in PSE , close the file, and then use "insert". here again this does not use the memory that a cut and paste does.

Pete
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 16, 2003
Ann, what kind of multi-photo document can you not create with Elements?
AN
Ann_NMN_Stark
Oct 16, 2003
Pete and Beth –

Thank you both SO much for your suggestions and comments. I tried the "Move" technique, Pete…and both my apps stayed up and running just fine. Beth – in the past I was unable to place multiple, different-sized pictures on the same canvas in PSE; but after your question, I tried it again – and it seems to work just fine. So, between you, I think both of my PSE issues have been resolved. What a team !!!!

Thank you, THANK YOU !!!

Ann

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections