J
Posted By
JC Dill
Apr 24, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can’t find a newsgroup for Lightroom, so I’m asking here. If there’s a better newsgroup, please let me know!

Sorting event photos, my second shooter decided to use Lightroom to "stack" photos of each entry. Now he wants to keyword them by stack. The help file seems to say that if you keyword a stack it applies to the entire stack, but what we are finding is that it only keywords the top photo.

Is this a bug or are we misreading the documentation? Is there a way to select ALL the photos in a stack and then keyword them?

Thanks!

jc

"The nice thing about a mare is you get to ride a lot of different horses without having to own that many." ~ Eileen Morgan of The Mare’s Nest, PA

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TB
Tony Blair
Apr 24, 2007
"JC Dill" wrote in message
I can’t find a newsgroup for Lightroom, so I’m asking here. If there’s a better newsgroup, please let me know!

Sorting event photos, my second shooter decided to use Lightroom to "stack" photos of each entry. Now he wants to keyword them by stack. The help file seems to say that if you keyword a stack it applies to the entire stack, but what we are finding is that it only keywords the top photo.

Is this a bug or are we misreading the documentation? Is there a way to select ALL the photos in a stack and then keyword them?
Thanks!

jc

"The nice thing about a mare is you get to ride a lot of different horses without having to own that many." ~ Eileen Morgan of The Mare’s Nest, PA

I think you need to select all first!! (Edit – select all)
TB
Tony Blair
Apr 24, 2007

Thanks!

jc

J
JC Dill
Apr 24, 2007
On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:20:57 +0100, "Harry Limey" wrote:

The problem is that the photos aren’t contiguous, and are stacked. So how do you select just the photos in one stack, without selecting any of the other photos in the library? Selecting "all" the photos is useless for keywording.

jc

TB
Tony Blair
Apr 24, 2007
On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:20:57 +0100, "Harry Limey" wrote:

The problem is that the photos aren’t contiguous, and are stacked. So how do you select just the photos in one stack, without selecting any of the other photos in the library? Selecting "all" the photos is useless for keywording.

I have just been trying and as you say there does not seem to be a way to do this without unstacking!! it would also seem you can only apply metadata to the top image too!!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections