CJ
Posted By
Carrie_Johnson
Dec 4, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Has anyone else seen this? In CS4 Extended, when I create a custom gradient the dialog box OK & Cancel buttons become inactive & there is no way to get out of the dialog (and save the new gradient without saving to disk — I just want it for this project, not saved, just to use).

Seems consistent — don’t know if it’s a CS4 bug or just my system. I’d love to know if others can create custom gradients or not.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CJ
Carrie_Johnson
Dec 4, 2008
a
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 4, 2008
Try "Resetting the Tool" (from the fly-out menu that appears in the dialog when you click on the tool icon in the top left corner of the Options Bar).
CJ
Carrie_Johnson
Dec 9, 2008
Thanks for the response — tried that… didn’t help… once that gradient modal dialog is open the only way out seems to be to force quit Photoshop — there is just no way to close the dialog…
CJ
Carrie_Johnson
Dec 9, 2008
Just checked by the way & this only happens after a new gradient is created. When the dialog is first opened, before creating the new gradient, it closes just fine, but once there’s an new gradient the buttons become inoperative…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections