DM
Posted By
Derrick_Manor
Feb 3, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I think I’ve asked this before in this forum, but I can’t find the posting or any replies, so I apologize for the possible duplication.
I created a graphic in Illustrator, but I want to add some drop shadow and what not in Photoshop CS2. However, when I place the image back into Illustrator, the image is not as crisp as it was when I created it in Ill.
Can someone help me solve this? Thank you in advance. All help is greatly appreciated.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Feb 3, 2007
Tip # 1:

Titling all your threads using only capital letters < http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?224@@2cdc397d@.3bc31 09c> might tend to piss off the natives. Or maybe just me.

XD
B
Bernie
Feb 3, 2007
However, when I place the image back into Illustrator, the image is not as crisp as it was when I created it in Ill.

Placing images will result in seeing a lores preview onscreen

If the image is not as crisp when printing it, you may not have used a high enough resolution.

BTW: AI does allow you to so drop shadows so why not just do them there?
BL
Bob Levine
Feb 3, 2007
You can save the Illustrator graphic as PSD and open that in Photoshop, but I too recommend just adding the drop shadow in Illustrator.

Bob
DC
David Creamer
Feb 4, 2007
Don’t forget to check your Document Raster Settings (under the Effects menu) before applying the Filter, or when the job if ready for final output if using Effects.
(I suggest using the Drop Shadow under the Effects menu.)

This affects the resolution of your drop shadow.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections