Posted By
Elshalif
Mar 14, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all

Perhaps my question has been asked thousand times… but…

how is it possible to place a vector graphic like AI or EPS in Photoshop CS without rendering it, so you can re-scale it afterwards, if you like (e.g. to place a logo on a website draft) and produce full-smooth pdfs (that are by the way much smaller)?

thanks for your help

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

T
Topher
Mar 21, 2005
You can place any vector image/text in Photoshop. When you save, be sure to "Save as copy…", choose Photoshop EPS or Photoshop PDF, and tick the box "Include vector data" in the save options. Yes, everything may looked bittmapped in PS, but when you print to a postscript printer, all original vector data will be retained. This works for text or images. HTH
TR
Todd Radel
Mar 22, 2005
Well lets see have you tried to copy in Illustrator and then open photoshop and paste? if you have then try my method of saving the AI as a pdf and then open it in photoshop this seems to give me the best results as long as your pdf is larger than what you want in photoshop you can just resize it and you won’t lose any of the quality.
"Andreas Kaufmann" wrote in message
Hi all

Perhaps my question has been asked thousand times… but…
how is it possible to place a vector graphic like AI or EPS in Photoshop CS without rendering it, so you can re-scale it afterwards, if you like (e.g. to place a logo on a website draft) and produce full-smooth pdfs (that are by the way much smaller)?

thanks for your help

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections