Dual 2.0 Power tower doeesnt support graphic accelaration in CS4. Need ideas please

MA
Posted By
Manny_Akis
Nov 30, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just installed Photoshop CS4. I have been playing around with it so far. I have tried to see the 3d feature in CS4. When I try to open a test file as small as 4×5 72dpi it tells me my card doesn’t support hardware acceleration and that software will be used. The thing is that it is impossible to see changes since it acts like a giant file slooooooooooooooooooow to render. Is there a card I can install to drive my 2 monitors and that it has the feature?

Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Nov 30, 2008
What exact Mac model? "Power tower" can mean several things, starting with a PowerPC Tower. Does it have AGP, PCI, or PCIExpress video graphics slots?
B
Buko
Nov 30, 2008
It would help if we knew what computer you had.
SW
Scott_Weichert
Nov 30, 2008
Or more importantly what graphics card you have installed.
JM
J_Maloney
Nov 30, 2008
Best… computer… ever.

<http://lowendmac.com/power/towerpro.html>
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Nov 30, 2008
If I am guessing correctly, Manny probably has a G5 2 GHz Dual Processor computer with an AGP x8 Bus?

If that is correct, you would need a mutant NVidea 7800 GT video card which has been "flashed for Mac" to make the Open GL features of CS4 available to you.

Search Google for a supplier; or try AppleMacanix (who have an eBay store). I got mine from them and it has been fine.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections