DM
Posted By
Demetrio Mancini
Nov 26, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I’m trying PS CS4 for the first time. I was curious about the new fluid rotate canvas, I thought it would be very useful, but I had to change my mind very soon.

If I alt-click with the Clone Stamp Tool, then slightly rotate the canvas, and then clone, it will clone at the original angle, which is totally useless. The same behavior with not-round brushes.

Am I missing something?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Nov 26, 2008
it will clone at the original angle, which is totally useless.

The idea of the rotate canvas feature is that you can continue to work in way you could not before and can align the brush in a way as not to have to rotate your wrist. I find it saves me a lot of time.

You will find that it does as well. Also keep in mind with this you also get a preview of the stamps source so this will also save a lot of time as well.

"Totally useless" I would say you misunderstand what the tool does, however what you suggest is not a bad feature request. The option to also rotate the brush and the canvas but maintain the sources orientation to the image.

Keep in mind someone will come along and say well I also want to be able for the source to rotate as well and then someone will come along with some other request.

But totally useless is extreme and not at all true. you might wan to try the trial for a while and you will realize hey, this really is great even if the brush does not rotate.

I think you mean it was not what I you expected. Because I can tell you from my experience it is a time saver and sometimes a life saver and it is a great improvement to the physical demands on my hands.

I do a lot of complex retouching it cuts the time down by more then half. So it is quite useful.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections