Posted By
BillP
Jul 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I have large printed images that have to be scanned in sections because they exceed the size of my scanner bed. In the margins of the overlap area, I place registration marks, so that I can line up the sections perfectly (at least that’s the goal).

I try to rotate the different sections into proper alignment when they are still in their separate files before bringing them into the same file on separate layers and subsequently flattening the image. Doing so allows me to use the Rotate Canvas feature, which lets you specify even fractional degrees of clockwise or counter-clockwise rotation.

I find that the process is very time-consuming, and that as I get closer to a level orientation, I have to use smaller and smaller degree increments, then wait for the image to rotate (I don’t have a recent processor, and the images are 1200 dpi, so there’s a wait).

Has anyone made some sort of utility that removes this guesswork (how many exact degrees of rotation is necessary), or which deals with the task of tiling images that I’m describing?

Thanks,

Bill Planey

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections