LL
Posted By
Lance_Lenoir
Nov 21, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In CS3 when you went file-open you had the option of using the adobe dialog vs the OS dialog. Has that been removed? Also in all versions of photoshop until now you could cmd + delete any files in the open dialog in CS4 this doesn’t work. Is there a way to get this option back?

Lance

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Nov 21, 2008
I always open files either from the "Recent" List or from Bridge (File/Browse in Bridge…).

Try using Bridge CS4 instead of the Finder.
R
Ram
Nov 21, 2008
I haven’t checked in CS4, buy in CS3 you had to have Version Cue enabled in order to access the Adobe dialog box. I do not have Version Cue enabled, so I can’t verify that right away.
NT
Nini Tj
Nov 21, 2008
Ramón,
it is gone. No Adobe Dialog any more. VC or not, No Adobe Dialog.
LL
Lance_Lenoir
Nov 21, 2008
That’s too bad about the finder. Ann I use bridge daily and love the new CS4 but many times after processing from Bridge I want to be able to open in finder and choose from there. I don’t like opening multiply 16 bit tiff files from bridge and have both bridge and photoshop open at the same time. I’m also dissapointed that you can no longer delete from the finder.

Lance
B
Buko
Nov 21, 2008
I don’t like opening multiply 16 bit tiff files from bridge and have both bridge and photoshop open at the same time. I’m also dissapointed that you can no longer delete from the finder.

First Bridge and Photoshop are meant to be opened together and Second you can delete anything you want in the finder and in Bridge.
LL
Lance_Lenoir
Nov 21, 2008
Buko whenever I have the finder open and try to delete a file it will not allow me to. If I hit delete or cmd delete nothing happens.
NT
Nini Tj
Nov 21, 2008
Lance, then you probably have the file open. You cannot delete open files.
LL
Lance_Lenoir
Nov 21, 2008
Hi Nini,

hahahahahahahaha No I’m not that stupid. This is when I don’t have any files open..
JM
J_Maloney
Nov 21, 2008
I just threw away (in the Finder and Bridge) and emptied the trash on an open PS file (10.4.11, PS CS3). Is this new in CS4?
LL
Lance_Lenoir
Nov 21, 2008
Here is an update to the issue:

Adobe support just contacted me and told me it was an OSX issue. They were able to reproduce the issue on there machine along with a few other softwares other than photoshop. Time to Contact Mac and let them know.

I’m running the latest Leopard OSX 10.5…

Lance
NT
Nini Tj
Nov 21, 2008
Well, the Adobe dialog is not an OSX issue. The Adobe Dialog exists no more in CS4.
LL
Lance_Lenoir
Nov 22, 2008
That is correct Nini but I’m not talking about the Adobe Dialog.

Im refering to the diaglog box that is open when you choose file open in photoshop CS4 only. And it only seems to be occuring when using the latest 10.5.5 and leopard.

Lance
R
Ram
Nov 22, 2008
The solution is in post #1.

Try using Bridge CS4 instead of the Finder.
LL
Lance_Lenoir
Nov 24, 2008
Actually Ramón a solution would be Adobe and Mac fixing the issue. A workaround would be using Bridge CS4.
R
Ram
Nov 24, 2008
Lance,

Well that would be Apple, not "Mac", but you can wait for a long time for that, and even longer for Adobe to reinstate a function they removed in a new version.

In therms of this forum, the workaround is the solution.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections