Where is No Color Adjustment in 10.3.3 Print Dialog?

PC
Posted By
Page_Carr
Jul 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to print CS images on an Epson 2200 from a G4, in a color managed workflow. I have had good results in the past but I have upgraded to OS 10.3.3 and now cannot find a Color Management menu in the dialog or any other way to turn OFF Color Management or to choose “No Color Adjustment.”

Either the OSX Print Dialog has been redesigned in this version or I have inadvertently made some choice that has changed the Print Dialog layout and options.

Would be grateful for any advice.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Buko
Jul 12, 2004
first the latest system is 10.3.4

second in the print dialog in the third pull down menu choose colormanagement select no color adjustment.

be sure to use the newest icc profiles for the 2200 you can get them from Epson website.
PC
Page_Carr
Jul 12, 2004
Thank you Buko

First, yes10.3.4 may be the latest version but my last upgrade was to 10.3.3 so that’s what I am using. I will upgrade to 10.3.4 shortly.

Second, Color Management no longer appears in that pull down menu and that is precisely the problem I posted. Either I have inadvertently removed the option or the dialog has been redesigned.

There are new options under such menu items as Printer Features and ColorSync but no way to turn off color management.

I have uninstalled old profiles and drivers, downloaded and resintalled the newest Epson drivers and the third party icc profiles, and reinstalled CS at least twice.

Are you saying that the problem is with 10.3.3 and that 10.3.4 will bring back the dialog I was used to?

Thanks so much for any help.
B
Buko
Jul 12, 2004
download the new drivers from Epson

I use a 2200 and I have all those options
PC
Page_Carr
Jul 12, 2004
dear g ballard and buko,

thank you very much for your replies but I guess I didn’t state my problem clearly enough in my initial post:

I am very familiar with that 10.3x dialog because I once had it but my problem now is that the dialog does not look like that and Color Management does not appear anywhere.

I have reinstalled Epson drivers repeatedly, and de-installed old ones and reinstalled photoshop and updated my OS (to 10.3.4) a number of times, to no avail.

This morning an Epson support person suggested that the dialog I am seeing is more like a cups+gimp driver but none appears in my printer set up utility. I am waiting for more information from Epson.

thanks for any advice
R
Ram
Jul 13, 2004
Page,

It’s not clear to me which dialog box you’re referencing when you type "I am very familiar with that 10.3x dialog" and "the dialog does not look like that and Color Management does not appear anywhere".
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 13, 2004
Page:

You should be using File menu/Print with Preview.
PC
Page_Carr
Jul 14, 2004
Yes, I am using Print with Preview. I have been using Epson printers and Color Management for a while now. The dialog I refer to is the Print dialog, where one normally can select Color Management (in the popdown menu headed by Copies and Pages). My problem was that "Color Management" had disappeared from this list and there was no way to choose "No Color Adjustment. Participants in this discussion know how important this is in a color managed workflow. I thought at the time that updating OSX was the problem.

But I have identified the true problem, thanks to splendid support from Epson, who suggested that a gimp driver had replaced my Epson driver.

When I first looked at my Printer Setup Utility I could only see the 2200 listed, but the collumn width was too narrow to display the entire name of the driver. When I widened the collumn width, the rest of the driver name was visible: CUPS+Gimp-Print v4.25.
I deleted this and reisntalled everything, and the Color Management dialog returned. All is well.

MAX cred to Epson for sticking with me to find the problem, always sending replies in less than 12 hours, and this was on the weekend and at night.

My prints look terrific again.

As for where the Gimp driver came from, I will be speaking to the other people in my household who think they are helping me by adding things.

I hope this discussion thread will be useful to any other unlucky soul who has this problem. Clearly it’s an odd and frustrating one.

Thanks to all of you for your interest and comments. Hope the outcome is helpful to you, too.

Page

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections