Can I re-open photos in RAW once I close RAW dialog Box??

KP
Posted By
Kim_Perina
May 4, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop set were it opens photos in raw interface when I first open them into Photoshop.

I usually do my tweaks in RAW interface then open the photo. I find that I may want to go back to RAW interface in the middle of editing to do more correction or add Raw presets. How do I open RAW Interface back up on the photo without saveing/exiting and then reopening? I read I can do this when I open a photo a smart object. But how can I do it if it is not a smart object?

Thanks!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EG
Ed_Grenzig
May 4, 2008
You can’t do it in PSCS3 unless it was opened as a smart object. If you save it as jpeg, or tiff from PSCS3 you can open it again in ACR but it is not the same as opening the RAW data in ACR.

So if you want to go back to the RAW data to make further corrections after starting to edit it in PSCS3, then you must first open it in PSCS3 from ACR as a smart object.

Ed

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections