CA
Posted By
Clint_Anderson
May 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In a couple of weeks, I will be going into the hospital for a few days and will obviously have a lot of time to read. I would like to get a good "how to book" for PSE2. I will not have access to my computer for the time I’m in so I would like a book that will lend itself to a study format. I have noticed several books at the local Comp USA store…Any suggestions would be appreciated…Thanks…

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 20, 2004
Hi, Clint. Good luck with your hospitalization.

I myself kind of like "Photoshop Elements 2: The Complete Reference" by Ken Milbourn (Osbourne) for a non-tutorial book, but it’s pretty hefty. Scott Kelby’s new PSE book for digital photographers is also very good.
MR
Mark_Reibman
May 20, 2004
I’d take Scott Kelby’s book.
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 20, 2004
I second that !

And good luck with your hospitalization. Have a nice and quick recovery 🙂

Ray
LP
Larry Preuss
May 20, 2004
in article at
wrote on 5/19/04 10:19 PM:

Almost every paragraph of Kelby’s book makes me want to jump up and run to my computer. It is one technique after another. A very enjoyable book, but I wonder if it would frustrate a bed-bound person rather than instruct him. Larry
CA
Clint_Anderson
May 20, 2004
Thanks to all of you for your suggestions…I will be back reading posts in a couple of weeks…Clint…
CS
Chuck_Snyder
May 20, 2004
I think all these books are hard to appreciate without a computer to access.

Have you read "Seabiscuit"? Great book!! And you don’t need a computer…

🙂
DB
Do_Brinkmann
May 21, 2004
Clint…sorry you will be out of action, but make the most of it! I would take a PSE2 book of your choice and an accent marker with you and even without a computer you can highlight points, ideas you can look forward to investigating and trying specifically interesting things when you get home! Mark the items on the pages or at least the subjects in the index. Good luck! Do
AT
Anne_Twitchell
May 21, 2004
You might consider Photoshop Elements 2 Solutions by Mikkel Aaland. It’s easy to understand but not too simplistic. It comes with an image CD. Not having a computer will be frustrating no matter which book you choose, I’m afraid, although when I get a new PSE book I often read a section or chapter through before I get near the computer, making sure I understand what’s being communicated. Good luck with your hospitalization. I recently had a hip replacement and found my short hospital stay no where near as miserable as I had expected. But I did miss my computer!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections