Posted By
Kristopher_Laumbach
Mar 9, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I recently had my logic drive replaced on my MacBook Pro. Now my Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator for CS3 give me an error every time I try using certain filters or effects. The error reads "The end of data was reached while from reading from a container." What is a solution?

I have tried updates, patches, and removing the twain plug-in from my drive. Nothing seems to work. I am running on Mac OSX 10.4.11.

I have also tried erasing then reinstalling cs3 with the proper installation software.

I also have this problem with cs3 Illustrator.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 9, 2009
Kristopher,

I recently had my logic drive replaced

It’s either the logic board (motherboard), or the hard drive. Proper replacement of the logic board should not change anything. If it was your drive that was changed, and the content of the old drive was merely copied over, then you may have copied over data that was corrupted by your older drive.

I would suggest backing up your files, deactivating your Adobe software and reformatting the new drive (HFS+ journaled). And then reinstalling the software from scratch from the original media and reactivating.

"The end of data was reached while from reading from a container."

This means that some data is corrupted — some is either missing or unreadable. See above.

Neil
KL
Kristopher_Laumbach
Mar 9, 2009
Hi,

Neil you are one awesome dude. This solved my problem. Thanks a bunch. I give you an A++++++++++++.

Thanks,
Kris
NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 9, 2009
Kristopher,

Thanks. But which suggestion is the one that worked?

Neil
KL
Kristopher_Laumbach
Mar 9, 2009
Neil,

I logged in as a new user. This got me immediate results. Later today I may go back and reset preferences as the old user. I will keep you informed.

Kristopher
KL
Kristopher_Laumbach
Mar 9, 2009
Neil,

I found it difficult to change my preferences so I trashed the original log in user and started with my backed up info with the new user log in I had created.
Again, thank you.

Kris
NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 12, 2009
You’re welcome. Trashing the original log-in is about all you can do when it becomes corrupted.

Neil
B
Buko
Mar 12, 2009
An Archive and install will fix a corrupt user, and is usually much faster than copying everything over to the new account.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections