J
Posted By
jemann
May 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
We got our Photoshop Elements 2.0 disk with a new digital camera. My husband installed the program on his laptop and now we can’t install it on our PC where the editing will be done.

The PC has WIN XP.
I have tried installing using the same registration name and a new name. When installing the program it keeps looping at "Installing language dependent files please wait" It continually installs to 99% then starts over at 1% again.

I called the 1-800# and they tell me Elements is compatiable with XP and I can install the program on one PC and one laptop and from there they don’t know how to help.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

GD
Grant_Dixon
May 15, 2004
Jemann

There are a number of reasons that you may have problems loading Elements on a computer but the most common is if you have a virus program like Norton’s running. Disable Norton’s install it and then activate Norton’s should do it.

Grant
J
jemann
May 15, 2004
Thanks for the speedy answer, Grant.

We have had that problem in the past. Strangely enough the laptop that Elements has installed on, has Norton and there wasn’t a problem. The PC has another antivirus program that has never been a problem but I have just disabled it to leave no stone unturned. It still loops at the language files.

I also turned off our wireless network so the firewall was disabled as well. – still it loops at the language files.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

Judy
ML
Mark_Levesque
May 16, 2004
Check to make sure you don’t have any spyware or malware that could have mucked with important files. I use both spybot and ad-aware. These freeware programs will scan your computer and ensure that there aren’t any bogus programs that have installed themselves as you’ve traversed the internet. Also use your virus checking software to make sure you don’t have any viruses.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections