RR
Posted By
Robert_Rosenbaum
Jun 5, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I purchased Photoshop Elements 3.0 for Mac via a download from the Adobe website. I have just bought a new Powermac G5 and want to install Elements on the new Mac. If I try to copy it from the old Mac to the new (putting the old Mac into file transfer mode), after copying to new Mac on start-up I get the "can’t start because identification missing" message.

It doesn’t give me a chance to enter my serial number from the software on the old Mac. I never received a CD, so can’t install from a CD.

If necessary, I’ll remove Elements from my old Mac. But how do I get it onto my new one?

Old Mac: iMac G4 800 Mhz, 750 meg RAM, OS X 10.2

New Mac: PowerPC G5 2.0 Mhz, 2 gigs RAM, OS X 10.4

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CW
Colin Walls
Jun 5, 2005
If you purchase software by download, you should always burn a CD of the downloaded file before doing anything with it. In this case, did you register the software? If so, contact Adobe Customer Service – they should be able to help you.
MM
Michael_Moody
Jun 5, 2005
Robert – You might want to look at a very nice program by Acronis called True Image. It will take an image of your entire HDD and *might* transfer it intact to the new computer. They have a 15 day free trial, so you could play with it a while to see if it works.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 5, 2005
Robert, try also copying over the Adobe folder from Library/Application Support. I don’t know if that will do it, but it’s worth a try.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections