GD
Posted By
Grant_Dixon
May 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Well when I have too much time on my hands I play. For those that have high speed hook-up, a PC or a Mac with PC emulators, a sound card and curiosity here is a down load. I is 16 meg so expect a couple of minutes of down load with cable

http://www.cavesofice.org/~grant/SHOW.EXE

Grant

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RM
Ron_Minler
May 15, 2004
Grant,
Your presentation is awesome!
Ron
B
bethC
May 15, 2004
Very cool, Grant.

I enjoying doing things like that too. At one point I put still photos on VHS tapes and added music. Now I am almost set up to take VHS home videos and tape them on DVD.

beth
LK
Leen_Koper
May 15, 2004
I really love these slide shows. I prefer the wipes in the Algonquin images over the ones of the spring series, although I prefered the "spring music". My wife did put her fingers in her ears when I joined the band. 😉

What kinda software did you use to produce these slide shows? I consider buying some presentation software to produce slide shows for presentation purposes when I have to stage seminars.

Leen
GD
Grant_Dixon
May 15, 2004
Leen

The Algonquin is the way I intend to show my images. I chose the transitions, slide movement and music to fit and create a tranquil atmosphere. The Spring flowers was throw everything in for a folly gee whiz effect …. much to over the top. I will redo this program to be a bit more subtle.

The software I use is ProShow Gold 2. For your purposes it would be a really great tool. If you can’t make it to a show you can create a show with voice over. Then you can limit the number of showing or date it so it will not run after a certain time thus protecting your investment. The other great thing is it will produce slide shows for DVD, Video CD, Video, Share, WebShow, E-mail, Autorun CD, Executable, Screen Savers and I suspect more.

http://www.photodex.com/

grant
J
JPWhite
May 15, 2004
Thanks for the link Grant, the Ken Burns effect is quite delightful. Dern, I just paid $50 for ACDsee because it had a neat way of creating a .exe slideshow. Nothing as sophistcated as this tho. I have my dughters wedding coming up in August and this should be a great way to showcase and share photos I take that day.

JP
GD
Grant_Dixon
May 15, 2004
JP

I also have ACDSee and anything it lacks in Slide show creating it more than make up for in being a kick a$$ photo database program.

Grant
EW
Ed_Wurster
May 16, 2004
The software I use is ProShow Gold 2. For your purposes it would be a really great tool. If you can’t make it to a show you can create a show with voice over. Then you can limit the number of showing or date it so it will not run after a certain time thus protecting your investment. The other great thing is it will produce slide shows for DVD, Video CD, Video, Share, WebShow, E-mail, Autorun CD, Executable, Screen Savers and I suspect more.

Grant, this was nice to watch. The music you selected adds a new dimension to the images. I hope you have more spare time and cna create a few more shows.

There is a freeware program that does a very good job of creating slideshows, with transition. You can add text too. No sound, though.

http://www.picturetotv.com/mow.htm

There is a commercial product at that website that probably competes with ProShow.

Ed
DS
Dick_Smith
May 16, 2004
Grant,

I liked it so much I downloaded the trial. Think I will probably purchase it. It seems to be just what I want for some grandkid stuff.

Dick

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections