JB
Posted By
Jay_Beech
Oct 27, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there any way to create an irregularly shaped canvas? I’d like to bring an image into a PDF (a page of music) as a watermark that looks like the torn corner of a piece of paper. This would lay as a mask covering part of the PDF page. However, Acrobat does not appear to allow any image formats that support transparency. If I could actually crop the canvas of my corner image, I could make it work.

The alternative is to open the PDF in PS, paste the corner image into another layer, and then save it back to PDF. At this point, though, it’s really just an image file on a PDF page. Also, unless I make the file resolution quite large, I think I’m losing some of the sharpness of the text and music notes.

Thanks – JAY

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Oct 27, 2008
Is there any way to create an irregularly shaped canvas?

No.

You’re going to have to create a TIFF or GIF with transparency.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections