Dave B
Jan 1, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

Ok – i’m cross-posting. But I really want an answer to this one… 🙂

So – in CS2 – When I Control-click on a layer (in the canvas – not in the layers pallette), it selects the layer just as it always has (yeah!)

….UNLESS the layer is in a set (or Group, I guess they’re called now), in which case Control-click only selects the Group – not the individual layer within that group. Surely there’s a way around this. yes?

Thanks!

Dave B

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

TE
Trace Elliot
Jan 1, 2006
Dave B wrote:
Hi,

Ok – i’m cross-posting. But I really want an answer to this one… 🙂
So – in CS2 – When I Control-click on a layer (in the canvas – not in the layers pallette), it selects the layer just as it always has (yeah!)
…UNLESS the layer is in a set (or Group, I guess they’re called now), in which case Control-click only selects the Group – not the individual layer within that group. Surely there’s a way around this. yes?
Thanks!

Dave B

In the Tool Bar (with the Move Tool selected in the Tool Palette) you can choose for:

"Auto select layer" & then "Auto select groups"

I guess the "auto select groups" option is selected in your case. So, uncheck that option and have just "’Auto select layer" checked.

HTH

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections