RH
Posted By
robert_held
May 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Faithfully following earlier ‘user-to-user’ advice, I always create a duplicate layer as step #1. There was one occasion when the Layers menu remained dim, not one option operable. This was a compuserv .gif image of a machine tool, taken from Google. It was also ‘locked’

1) Are there file formats that inherently resist duplicating it in the Layers menu???

2) Is the fact that it was ‘locked’ had anything to do with the problem? If yes, can one unlock it, to proceed?

Thanks for the answer in advance

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JF
Jodi_Frye
May 11, 2004
to this day I haven’t had a problem opening an image ( knock on wood) with Elements…just go to toolbar>image>mode and set it to ‘RGB’…then just double click on it in the layers palette to unlock it.
RH
robert_held
May 11, 2004
Jodi Hi, my keyboard stalled before, not sure if my thank you note made it across the ‘ether’. I have a lot to learn I see, I never identified the RGB with anything vital, it was ‘there’…

I will find this image again and will do as you advised – it is also printed and placed into my Adobe hard copy file. Thanks again!
R.P.Held

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections