How do I crop so that it prints properly.

MO
Posted By
Mark_Ortega
Apr 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello all,
I am new to this forum, and also relativly new to digital photograghy. I have a Digital Rebel and of course along with the camera came Elements 2.0. My question is. How do I use the crop tool so that when I am selecting my pixels the ratio of the rectangle matches the ratio of the particular media print, i.e. 4×6, 5×7 or letter. I know there is a with and heigth adjustment in the tool bar above, but this seems a rather tedius way of selecting your print size, plus when I do change the dimensions for letter size it always reverts back to a different size. I usually select print preview and then go into my printer’s properties to select the size medium I am using but still end up with a picture that does not print on the whole paper. I have also tried to check the "scale to fit" box and it seems not to help. I have a Canon i9100 photo printer.

Thanks in advance,

Mark Ortega

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections