MP
Posted By
Michael_P._Mills
Sep 10, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been typing text into images for some time, and when I do I get a box around the type that helps me align things. All of a sudden the box went away. And I don’t know how to get it back.

Any suggestions?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CJ
Cindy_Johnston
Sep 10, 2008
View>Show>Layer Edges? Or are you referring to a text box?
MP
Michael_P._Mills
Sep 10, 2008
No that’s the blue box. This was a box that had top, bottom, left, and right indicators? Maybe it was a text box?

But thanks,
CJ
Cindy_Johnston
Sep 10, 2008
Yes, that’s a text box.
MP
Michael_P._Mills
Sep 10, 2008
Okay so how do I get the text box back? I searched Help, which is useless, to this day I have never been able to get anything from Help.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 10, 2008
Just select the Type tool and draw a box marquee with it.

Then click inside the text box that you have just created, and start typing.
MP
Michael_P._Mills
Sep 10, 2008
No that’s not what I meant. I can’t imagine that nobody else out there did not use this. When I typed text and entered it, I then selected the Move tool, and I got a set of (for lack of a better term) little square boxes at the top, bottom, and sides of the text I entered on the image.

And they suddenly disappeared.

Maybe I’m not describing it very well? It was extremely useful in providing a consistent text alignment.

But thanks
MP
Michael_P._Mills
Sep 10, 2008
This thing is really fouled up. Not I cannot change the text size. I can only change the sizes to the preset sizes in the character pallet?
CC
Conrad_Chavez
Sep 10, 2008
For the box, maybe you turned off Show Transform Controls up in the Options bar.
MP
Michael_P._Mills
Sep 10, 2008
That’s it Conrad, thanks so very much. I was tearing my hair out, what little I have left.

Again thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections