GC
Posted By
Garrett_Cobarr
Aug 23, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am on Mac, both Tiger and Leopard and I am in CS3.

I am a professional image editor and 3D designer. I take a lot of high resolution images and then spend hours manipulating them into seamless textures. I understand that there are still going to be many situations where that will be the reality, simply because of the complexity of the surface and its details.

Every once in a while I like to go out and see if there is a better way. In other words, bust my habits.

Does anyone have any suggestions on plug-ins for Photoshop or stand alone applications that offer this ability? My price range is wide, I purchase based on value, from share ware to gold plated ware.

Thanks everyone who answers.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

GC
Garrett_Cobarr
Aug 24, 2008
Phos±four dots, hey thanks, excellent lead.

I am very familiar with Luxology and Modo excellent company and product. I am anxious to check it out.
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Aug 24, 2008
ImageSynth works very well but it isn’t the most intuitive interface you’ve ever run into. Even for a Photoshop plugin it is pretty obscure primarily becuase they have a totally unique naming convention. Make sure to download the movies to watch how it is used. That’s much better than trying to make sense out of the manual.
GC
Garrett_Cobarr
Aug 24, 2008
Welles, if the interface is like the website I agree. Strangely organized, almost impossible to get back to an area after you have left it.

I am trying to see all of the movies about the application before I buy but I cannot get past the one.
P
Phosphor
Aug 24, 2008
Sure wish they had a demo version. I’d like to give it a try.
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Aug 24, 2008
I won my copy in an online art contest and learned it enough to gain some competence. It really isn’t all that complex once you get past the shroud of mysticality in which the UI is wrapped.

There is another venerable application (read that as long in the tooth) which still runs just fine on my Mac Pro with Leopard. TextureMagic does have the capacity to create image based textures, has a Photoshop GUI and the manual is comprehensible. There is a demo as well.

<http://www.artissoftware.com/texturemagic/tm-osx.shtml>

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections