M
Posted By
miklar
Nov 25, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Whenever the cursor hovers over the "Arrange Documents", "Screen Mode", "Launch Bridge", "View Extras", "Hand Tool", "Zoom Tool" and "Rotate View Tool" the icons go blank.
When clicking on them (i.e. "Arrange Documents") only alphanumeric is displayed. When moving the cursor over the blank area where icons should be displayed, only the pop-up tool tips are displayed.
Has anyone encountered a similar problem?
Cheers,
Michael

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JJ
John Joslin
Nov 25, 2008
Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

Yes, many instances have been reported in this forum.

Normally you need to remove all 3rd party plug-ins and put them back one by one to see which is causing it.
M
miklar
Nov 25, 2008
Thanks, I’ll try that.
Cheers,
Michael
M
miklar
Nov 25, 2008
John
You’re right, in my case it is NIK’s software plug-ins. Apparently caused by the "Selective Tool", which when removed make the rest of NIK’s plug-ins (although openable) inactive.
It’s time to contact NIK
Thanks,
Michael
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 25, 2008
🙂
SG
steve_guilhamet
Nov 25, 2008
We also have a report logged for this and are investigating.
B
Buko
Nov 25, 2008
Doesn’t NIK have updates? I thought someone mentioned this.
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 25, 2008
I think they were 32 bit.
M
miklar
Nov 26, 2008
There is a work-around…
The following is NIK’s answer to my question:
"Thank you for your email. This is a known issue that will be resolved with a future update. Until then there is a work around where if you just close and reopen the selective tool, the issue will go away. You can reopen the selective tool by going under the File > Automate option inside of Photoshop."

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections