JS
Posted By
Jim_Solt
Apr 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Many friends have trouble with attachments — virus checkers, etc. How can I create email (Outlook Express) from PE2 that would, for instance, read, "Here is a picture of my car," insert picture, "and here is one of my dog" insert picture, etc."? I am having problems with sizing the pictures and maintaining the formatting in the email.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JD
Juergen_D
Apr 6, 2004
Jim,

Resize the pictures first, so that they fit on standard size screen. Easiest way to do that is to open the image in PE and save it with File>Save for Web (under a different name than the original!). Once the Save for Web window opens you can resize the image. Just use something like 600px for the width, the height will fill in automatically. You can also influence the file size by changing the quality setting.
In Outlook Express you would use Insert>Picture… and it will be underneath your text in the message body, assuming you left the cursor at that point. (Do not use Attach)

Juergen
BG
Byron Gale
Apr 6, 2004
Jim,

I believe you will have to send your email in HTML format to do what you desire. Otherwise, the images will come across as attachments, rather than embedded in the body of the message.

Byron
MM
Mac_McDougald
Apr 6, 2004
See other responses.

Also note that folks not using Outhouse Depress/full Outhouse probably won’t see your pix (and depending on their settings therein might not even in those proggies).

Mac
JS
Jim_Solt
Apr 7, 2004
Thanks for tips. I knew about HTML sending, and have no choice in whether or not recipients allow HTML. As for other programs, it is also unkown and out of my control what people use. I just try to remember that those without computers won’t get my messages at all. My son uses a non MS browser and a non MS mail program and he gets all I send, so I’ll settle for controlling my end of the process, and hoping for the best. My glass remains half full.
DS
Dick_Smith
Apr 7, 2004
Mac,

That’s a new one on me, Outhouse Depress /full Outhouse. LMAO.

Dick

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections