KS
Posted By
katie_schumack
Jan 12, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m working on a project using the same artwork in different template files. The color in one template seems off from the others. I noticed that the color space info at the top of the image window on the odd template is (CMYK/8*) while the others are (CMYK/8#) does anyone know what this difference means and how I can correct it?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Jan 12, 2007
8* means it’s a tagged 8-bit image file with an embedded profile which is different from your working space.

8# means 8-bit UNTAGGED image.

Tagged = has embedded profile.

Untagged = some moron handed you a file without an embedded profile (my pet peeve).
R
Ram
Jan 12, 2007
It would appear that the "odd" template has the correct colors, as it has an embedded profile and we can count on your color management being up to snuff.

Now the trick is to keep assigning profiles to the others produced by the moron until you find one you like.

This post #2 also for the benefit of newbies.
RM
Rick McCleary
Jan 13, 2007
Now the trick is to keep assigning profiles to the others produced by the moron until you find one you like.

This is exactly right. But just to clarify, if you go to Edit > Assign Profile, and try all the standard CMYK profiles from the pop-up with the "preview" box checked, you will see on-screen how the color will change without actually committing to a profile. Once you feel you have the correct profile, hit OK to assign that profile. (This is for the benefit of newbies as well.)

A good starting point would be to assign the same profile as the tagged file displays.
R
Ram
Jan 13, 2007
A good starting point would be to assign the same profile as the tagged file displays.

Sounds reasonable. 😀
MA
miguel_angel_arenas
Jan 22, 2007
HOW CHANGE AN IMAGE GRAYSCALE AT CMYK, IT CHANGE IN CHANNELS ALL, BUT I THE MISSING ONLY IN THE BLACK CHANNEL.
B
Bernie
Jan 22, 2007
Miguel,

Please stop shouting

To convert a greyscale image to CMYK, simply go to the Image -> Mode -> CMYK menu

This won’t add colour to the image, you will have to colourize by hand. There are many tutorials online for this.
R
Ram
Jan 22, 2007
Hola Miguel Ángel:

Por favor no grites. Cuando escribes todo con mayúsculas nos estás gritando a boca abierta y nos dificultas la lectura de tus mensajes, pues las mayúsculas son muy difíciles de leer en la pantalla.

La verdad es que no entiendo tu pregunta. :/
MA
miguel_angel_arenas
Jan 24, 2007
Al pasar una imagen de GrayScale a CMYK, esta pasa en los 4 canales.

Como hacerle para que solo pase en el canal del Negro ???
R
Ram
Jan 24, 2007
For the CMYK experts, here’s what Miguel Ángel is asking:

How to convert a grayscale image to CMYK mode but end up with data on the black channel only.

As I generally don’t deal with CMYK, I’m passing it on.
PF
Peter_Figen
Jan 24, 2007
You can either convert the GS document to CMYK using Maximum Black black generation with 100% black coverage as specified in the Custom CMYK dialog box, or you can just paste the existing GS document into the black channel of a blank CMYK document of the same pixel dimensions.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections