Posted By
Jane_Carter
Mar 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
<http://thepluginsite.com/products/plugingalaxy/index.html>

Actually I won Color Washer but its not for Mac, so the author, Harald Heim, is going to subsitute it for me.
I can’t wait to get these plug ins and learn how to use them. I have given up on housework,,,,,well not all of it, but I sure am becoming addicted to this fun stuff.
However, I will not neglect my flower garden this summer! Jane

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DS
Dick_Smith
Mar 3, 2004
Jane you’ve got my curiosity up! What’d ya win it for? Enter a contest, submit a picture?

Dick
TF
Terri_Foster
Mar 3, 2004
Cool Jane. Those look like fun.
JC
Jane_Carter
Mar 4, 2004
Won this in my online PSE school, but I don’t remember entering, so I think my instructor entered my name. Remember, I still am sort of a beginner, so some of this stuff just slides over my old brain. I sure could have clicked on Enter.
But I can tell you all that this plug in group is wonderful! I hope to post some pictures soon,
Jane
R
Ray
Mar 4, 2004
Jane, congratulations!!!

By the way, you won because you enrolled in one of the Eclectic Academy January classes. It was automatic, you had nothing to do.

The page curl is kind of cool, can’t wait for you to post a few pictures with that plugin!

Ray
JC
Jane_Carter
Mar 4, 2004
Hi Ray, I am still working on that 24 bit RGB color problem. I can apply the filters to everything that I draw, but none of my existing photos work. They all get the error message, Need 24 bit RGB color.
Jane
ML
Marty_Landolt
Mar 4, 2004
Jane, You certainly deserve it! I remember you saying you were a ‘beginner’ in Sara’s class, well, that statement was soon upgraded.
Marty
JC
Jane_Carter
Mar 5, 2004
Hi Marty, This is all the most fun!
But the more you learn, the more time you "play", the less housework gets done, and the more stuff you want to learn! It’s a never ending circle of FUN! These filters, you could spend all day and night with them.
I sure am glad I’m retired, or otherwise I would be in big trouble. I do have my flower garden to work on this spring, so the computer will just have to have to stay off for the mornings.
Well, sort of,,,,,
Jane
JF
Jodi_Frye
Mar 5, 2004
Jane, I’m really happy for you ! So, are we using these filters on a new mac ? 🙂 ….still pushing you 😉
JC
Jane_Carter
Mar 5, 2004
Coming soon,,,,,
I just hope that all my goodies will work on the iMac, I will install everything one by one, being very careful to see if they will be OK on OS X.
Got a lot of work ahead of me.
Jane
R
Ray
Mar 5, 2004
When is the new iMac coming Jane ? 🙂

Ray
JC
Jane_Carter
Mar 5, 2004
Hi Ray, Just a soon as I can get my husband to stop telling me to get a G5. Jane
JF
Jodi_Frye
Mar 5, 2004
Jane, if you can afford the G5 then that would be the right choice 🙂
JC
Jane_Carter
Mar 5, 2004
Hi Jodi, I’m fully retired now, but my husband has gone back to work part time. But would I really need the G5, I would never even use the iMac to its fullest capability. I did get the store owner to agree on 1 Gig of memory for $300 installed, and I priced it on Ramjet.com for $229 not incl. shipping. I am afraid to pry into the "Apple slot" way inside and under the "User slot".
My old G4 with 512 memory never even slows down.
I am being pulled 2 different ways,,,,,,,,
Haven’t really decided yet,,,,,
Jane
DS
Dick_Smith
Mar 5, 2004
Jane,

FWIW, My 2cents……go with the G5. More is alwasy better in the computing world.

Dick
JC
Jane_Carter
Mar 5, 2004
Hi Dick, How did you put the crocus pictures on here without a link to a web page?

Yes, G5, my husband seems to be winning this argument.
Jane
GD
Grant_Dixon
Mar 5, 2004
Jane

For the cost of a G5 you can get a pretty good PC laptop and a Digital Rebel.

Grant
DS
Dick_Smith
Mar 5, 2004
Jane,

Check the "Spring" thread, posted the directons there.

Dick

Grant……unfair!
JC
Jane_Carter
Mar 5, 2004
Thank you!
Jane
GD
Grant_Dixon
Mar 5, 2004
wrote in message

Grant……unfair!

Dick

Unfair? No simply pointing out another variable in the every growing equation of computer acquisition.

Grant
DS
Dick_Smith
Mar 5, 2004
Grant,

Ya, I know, just doing a little chain pulling…..:)
R
Ray
Mar 6, 2004
Jane, go with the G5, the computer will last longer in terms of processing power. Every software demands more with each new versions. With a G4, you’ll feel a litlle behind soon. With a G5, you might be too far for now, but in two years, you’ll be just ok. And it’s has room for expansion. Since you already have a G4 tower, you’ll feel at home right away! You don’t have to buy a dual processor. A single 1.8Ghz will suffice for several years.

Ray

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections