W
Posted By
wayne
Jul 1, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have used Spyder Pro, Monaco XR Pro and Eye-one Display to calibrate my 4 years old semiprofessional CRT monitor. For some reason (might because of my monitor) none of these devices could calibrate it to pure neutral gray in shadow area. It is visible by eyes.

I know if I could modify a little in the LUT, this problem would be gone. Spyder Pro & Monaco Pro software do have edit features, however, they only allow me to edit fixed 5 or 9 anchors which is not accurate enough to eliminate the shadow color bias.

Does anybody know any Windows software that can edit & save LUT? I’ve been searched this kind of software for a long time, but have no luck yet. Or if anybody can point me to some development documents, I may create an utility myself.

Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MR
Mike Russell
Jul 1, 2005
"wayne" wrote in message
I have used Spyder Pro, Monaco XR Pro and Eye-one Display to calibrate my 4 years old semiprofessional CRT monitor. For some reason (might because of my monitor) none of these devices could calibrate it to pure neutral gray in shadow area. It is visible by eyes.

I know if I could modify a little in the LUT, this problem would be gone. Spyder Pro & Monaco Pro software do have edit features, however, they only allow me to edit fixed 5 or 9 anchors which is not accurate enough to eliminate the shadow color bias.

My monitor allows individual adjustment of the RGB guns. I’d be surprised if this does not do the job.

Does anybody know any Windows software that can edit & save LUT? I’ve been searched this kind of software for a long time, but have no luck yet. Or if anybody can point me to some development documents, I may create an utility myself.

You might find Liquid Magic of interest. It is designed for LCD’s, but allows the sort of adjustment you are doing.
http://personalcomputing.portrait.com/us/products/lc_overvie w.html

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
H
Hecate
Jul 1, 2005
On 1 Jul 2005 10:00:05 -0700, "wayne" wrote:

I know if I could modify a little in the LUT, this problem would be gone.

Unlikely. It’s 4 years old. Most CRTs are dead as far as colour management is concerned after five years. Your monitor is nearing the end of it’s useful life.

Hecate – The Real One

Fashion: Buying things you don’t need, with money
you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like…
W
wayne
Jul 4, 2005
Thanks for replying, Mike. My monitor does have RGB guns adjustments. That is useful for HIGHLIGHT color bias adjustment (or color temperature), not for the shaddow color.

Liquid Magic seems adjusting hightlight color too.
MR
Mike Russell
Jul 4, 2005
"wayne" wrote in message
Thanks for replying, Mike. My monitor does have RGB guns adjustments. That is useful for HIGHLIGHT color bias adjustment (or color temperature), not for the shaddow color.

Liquid Magic seems adjusting hightlight color too.

I don’t have Liquid Magic, but their docs say that it adjusts deep shadows.

Send them an email and you can probably arrange a money back if it turns out it does not suit your needs – I know of one person who did this who then kept the product.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
W
wayne
Jul 4, 2005
I know this monitor is nearing the end of Color Management life. However, it works great except this shaddow color bias problem. If I could not find any software to edit LUT, I would have to buy a new one. 🙁

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections