M
Posted By
Maryo
Nov 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve seen some days ago a web page with a useful utility (freeware I believe) that can grab a color gradients from an image and output in in .grd ps gradients format.

This utility can be very useful when working with complex color gradients and lots of marker.

Unfortunatly no way to remember the link, every search on google failed…

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Mario

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Nov 9, 2003
Does your browser keep track of your browsing history?

Go back in time and find it!
M
Maryo
Nov 9, 2003
Thanks Phosphor for the suggestion, but where I work the browser history is cleared often… No way to use track of the past navigation…

Mario
TF
Thomas_Fors
Nov 9, 2003
I’ve seen some days ago a web page with a useful utility (freeware I
believe)
that can grab a color gradients from an image and output in in .grd ps
gradients format.

I have one on the web that I wrote to create gradients used for B&W toning. I haven’t done much with it in recent months, but I tested it just now and it seems to be working…

http://fors.net/tone/

It’s pretty limited… It only accepts jpg images and they have to be on the web somewhere (you provide the url.) After it is done, it will display the gradient it created. Click on it to download the Photoshop .grd file.

I’ve only used it for B&W and split toned images, but there’s nothing stopping you from submitting a color image.

Give it a shot, and if you find it useful let me know. Maybe I’ll refine it into a more useful tool.

–Tom

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections