GH
Posted By
gillian_holroyd
Dec 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Help. Working in Photoshop CS2 on 4c art catalog and final step, resampling images to fit layout: I accidently sized 13 out of 30 images to a wrong (larger) size, ie, I resampled them down to 5" wide and they were supposed to be 4" wide, at 300 ppi. My question is: should I resample? or let printer handle it at pre-press? I was told that it’s better to resample in Photoshop as one can never be sure what program the printer is using, but that was assuming one did it correctly the first time. And no, I did not use ‘save as’ command to keep the orig– but I did after I discovered my mistake!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Bernie
Dec 19, 2006
Since you have more resolution than neccessary and since the difference is not huge, I would not sweat it.

Problems usually are more common when upsampling images
GH
gillian_holroyd
Dec 19, 2006
thank you. but do you mean I should leave files as is?
B
Bernie
Dec 19, 2006
I would
PF
Peter_Figen
Dec 19, 2006
If the files were to be reproduced drastically smaller, you would probably want to resharpen them and resize them before printing, but this is not enough to make a visible difference.
AR
alan_ruta
Dec 19, 2006
I agree with CN also, but just to add a little FYI–most likely regardless of how you send the file to the/a printer it will be resampled one more time when the file is (mostly likely) ripped via CTP, thus it will go thru its final resampling (RIP).

alan
GH
gillian_holroyd
Dec 19, 2006
thank you all SO much. This is going out tomorrow and I was freaking.
J
JasonSmith
Dec 20, 2006
Unless you have a total lack of faith in your printer, I agree with all of the above.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections