AB
Posted By
Artie Badger
Feb 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to be able to crop images to a fixed aspect ratio, but I can’t find instructions in help file for doing that.

For example, if I know that I’m going to print photos on 6×4 paper, I’d like to be able to crop all my images in a 3×2 or 2×3 ratio. How can that be done in Photoshop Elements? I can’t even find a way to display the sizing of the cropping tool.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
Larry
Feb 27, 2004
On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 11:21:27 -0500, Artie Badger wrote:

I would like to be able to crop images to a fixed aspect ratio, but I can’t find instructions in help file for doing that.

For example, if I know that I’m going to print photos on 6×4 paper, I’d like to be able to crop all my images in a 3×2 or 2×3 ratio. How can that be done in Photoshop Elements? I can’t even find a way to display the sizing of the cropping tool.

Sorry no direct answer as far as PSE2 goes, but you might be interested in this program called JPEGCrops. Its free and although it only works with jpg files its an easy way to go through and batch crop all of your photos so that they are the right ratio when printing. Worth a look at least. http://ekot.dk/programmer/JPEGCrops/

Mike
JL
Jim Lloyd
Feb 27, 2004
There may be a way to set a global crop size, but if so I’m unaware of it. For each individual picture however, you can set the ratio of the crop on the toolbar at the top when you select the crop tool. You will be able to draw the actual crop any size you want on the image, but it will retain the 2:3 ratio for printing.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections