L
Posted By
LouisB
Oct 2, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I regularly want to crop an exact area in pixels out of a photograph, say a square of 1280×1024 pixels. I’m new to PS CS2 and I can’t work out how to create a crop area of a specific size and one I can then move about a photograph until I get a pleasing area to crop out. Is it possible and if so how can it be done?

LouisB

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MH
Mike Hyndman
Oct 2, 2006
"LouisB" wrote in message
I regularly want to crop an exact area in pixels out of a photograph, say a square of 1280×1024 pixels. I’m new to PS CS2 and I can’t work out how to create a crop area of a specific size and one I can then move about a photograph until I get a pleasing area to crop out. Is it possible and if so how can it be done?
LouisB

Select the crop tool (C on keyboard)
In the width and height boxes, type 1280 px and 1024 px. Leave resolution blank.
Use the arrow keys on numeric keypad to position the crop. If you are going to use this size often, you can make a "preset." and you will be able to select it from tool fly out.
With the crop tool selected you will have an icon for it, first left on the options bar, next to which is a down pointing arrow, click it. On the fly out, click on the right pointing arrow, and then on New Tool Preset, hit OK.

HTH
MH
L
LouisB
Oct 3, 2006
Thanks, now I get it 🙂

LouisB

"Mike Hyndman" wrote in message
LouisB

In the width and height boxes, type 1280 px and 1024 px. Leave resolution blank.
Use the arrow keys on numeric keypad to position the crop. If you are going to use this size often, you can make a "preset." and you will be able to select it from tool fly out.
With the crop tool selected you will have an icon for it, first left on the options bar, next to which is a down pointing arrow, click it. On the fly out, click on the right pointing arrow, and then on New Tool Preset, hit OK.

HTH
MH
MH
Mike Hyndman
Oct 3, 2006
Thanks, now I get it 🙂
LouisB

You’re welcome.

MH
"Mike Hyndman" wrote in message
LouisB

HTH
MH

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections