0mic
Dec 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi
Newbie to photoshop so bear with me.

Ive a problem when cropping, i click the tool drag across the picture a "SQUARE" I then have the option of rotating it. I should be able to change the height and width independently but cant , in other words drag a rectangle. The help file indicates that i need to change the mode of the tool but the only options on the tool mode bar are "width height resolution front & clR.

Thanks

0mic

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JB
Jay Beckman
Dec 18, 2004
"0mic" wrote in message
Hi

Ive a problem when cropping, i click the tool drag across the picture a "SQUARE" I then have the option of rotating it. I should be able to change the height and width independently but cant , in other words drag a rectangle. The help file indicates that i need to change the mode of the tool but the only options on the tool mode bar are "width height resolution front & clR.

Thanks

0mic

Far right end of properties bar across the top…Look for the button marked "CLEAR"

This will wipe out any preset demensions and allow you to crop height and width indepenently.

If you want to use the preset measurements but can figure out how to get portrait or landscape orientation..notice the two opposing arrows between the boxes for W and H dimensions? Click on it and it swaps the number in each box giving you portrait or landscape when you drag the crop box.

Took me a little while to figure this one out…

HTH…

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
0mic
Dec 18, 2004
Jay Beckman wrote:
"0mic" wrote in message

Hi

Thanks

0mic

Far right end of properties bar across the top…Look for the button marked "CLEAR"

This will wipe out any preset demensions and allow you to crop height and width indepenently.

If you want to use the preset measurements but can figure out how to get portrait or landscape orientation..notice the two opposing arrows between the boxes for W and H dimensions? Click on it and it swaps the number in each box giving you portrait or landscape when you drag the crop box.
Took me a little while to figure this one out…

HTH…

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
Ah you hero, it worked great thanks. Plus ive just realised that if you enter dims 600 by 400 into the width and height then it constrains your crop to that preset ratio duhh.

Thanks again

0mic

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections