Image misalignment when printing front and back.

S
Posted By
SCARD
Dec 12, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Greetings all,

I’m printing PSD files from Photoshop CS2 to an Epson R340 and am having problems with the alignment of the image on the reverse side. (This is for a CD tray card.) I print the front image, flip the paper over and print the reverse image. The other side is consistently misaligned around 1/4" down and to the right. Both images have the exact same size, resolution, and coordinates. Nudging the reverse image doesn’t quite line it up perfectly. I want to understand why this is happening instead of trying to hack it.

Thanks for reading.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 12, 2006
It is probably due to the Epson having a "gripper" edge that is wider at the trailing-end of the sheet than the margin on the leading edge.
S
SCARD
Dec 12, 2006
Thanks Ann. Do you know of any way to rememdy this problem? Not sure I understand what a gripper edge does…
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 12, 2006
The Gripper is gripping the paper — holding it firmly in position while it prints.

Ian Lyons offers this tutorial on centering images on the sheet: <http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7_page/page_layout.htm>

Another way to solve the problem of two-sided registration is to use a Layout program (such as InDesign) and create templates that addresses the "printable area" of the paper.
B
Bernie
Dec 12, 2006
Or flip the paper the other way (so the same edge gets grabbed by the gripper)

Of your you then have to adjust how you send the images to they both end up the right way up

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections