NM
Posted By
Nigel Molesworth
May 20, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is it possible to get PhotoShop CS3 to divide a large image and print it on several pieces of smaller paper, preferably with overlaps?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JP
John Passaneau
May 20, 2008
Nigel Molesworth wrote in
news::

Is it possible to get Photoshop CS3 to divide a large image and print it on several pieces of smaller paper, preferably with overlaps?
It is not a native ability of Photoshop. There may be an action or plug in that may do what you want. I think you could do it manually by cutting your image into
D
Dave
May 20, 2008
On Tue, 20 May 2008 18:12:47 +0100, Nigel Molesworth
wrote:

Is it possible to get PhotoShop CS3 to divide a large image and print it on several pieces of smaller paper, preferably with overlaps?

Why don’t you have it printed professionally?
Money wise would it probably the same with a better quality. At least compare the cost of home printer ink to professional printing and of course the end result. Or what would be the reason?
NM
Nigel Molesworth
May 20, 2008
On Tue, 20 May 2008 18:12:47 +0100, Nigel Molesworth
wrote:

Sorted! I’ve found that by not selecting "fit" when printing, I can scroll manually to each section and print each one. It worked very well.
J
Joe
May 22, 2008
Nigel Molesworth wrote:

Yes, it’s possible but since Photoshop is designed for Photo Retouching so printing especially some kind of special printing isn’t one of Photoshop strongest points.

It could be easier *if* there is either Plug-in or Actions to to the possible job, or you may want to try some printing program designed the specific printing job. I have never use it, never looked at it to know exactly what it may look like, but for years I have seen the name POSTER printer popping up now and then.

And even my laser printer has the option to print a regular photo to 4-6 sheet of 8×10, and I never have any need for it so I have never tried myself.
K
KatWoman
May 22, 2008
"Nigel Molesworth" wrote in message
Is it possible to get PhotoShop CS3 to divide a large image and print it on
several pieces of smaller paper, preferably with overlaps?

that option is more likely found in your printer driver interface

not in PS unless you divide the image manually and print each section separately
D
Dell
Jun 18, 2008

Yes it is possible, on most printers. Set your image to the size you need. Got to File-Print- Page Setup-page setup(in the tab) in Printing Type select Poster printing- click Specify (here specify the divsions "which governs howmany A4 pages you will use". Go back to Main- and click preview before printing.

You may have to practice a bit but I have used this very successfully and it is less complex than it sounds
G
granny
Jun 18, 2008
"Dell" wrote in message

Yes it is possible, on most printers. Set your image to the size you need. Got to File-Print- Page Setup-page setup(in the tab) in Printing Type select Poster printing- click Specify (here specify the divsions "which governs howmany A4 pages you will use". Go back to Main- and click preview before printing.

You may have to practice a bit but I have used this very successfully and it is less complex than it sounds

http://posterazor.sourceforge.net/

Just select how many sheets you want to use… (limited by your ink supply)

"Granny"
Old N Slow N Prefer Quick N Easy

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections