Posted By
jyotiagrawal
Feb 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello
I want to Create the Simple image on that I want to write a letter ESO Can some one please let me know how to do this

Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 25, 2004
It must be a little early for me, because I’m not sure I understand what you want to accomplish. Do you mean you want to create a new blank image document and then insert the letters E, S, and O on it? If so, then a little more information would let us give you more help.

What are you going to use it for? This is important, because you’d want the resolution higher for something you want to print on paper than what would be needed for something you are going to display on the internet.

How big do you want the finished image to be?

Do you want a colored background or do you want it transparent?

Is there going to be anything else on it besides the letters? If so, what?

There are a number of extremely creative people here who can help you, but the more they know about your project the more detailed the instructions can be.
J
jyotiagrawal
Feb 25, 2004
if u visit the website www.tva.gov there is logo for TVA on the upper left corner. Similarly I want to make it for ESO. This is the urgent requirement for me

Thanks
BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 25, 2004
I don’t do web design, so I can’t give you exact instructions. I tried to download just the logo, but it came with the white background as well. The entire thing is a very small JPEG file that (including the white) measures 85 pixels in width and 57 pixel in height, and the resolution is 72ppi. You’ll have to interpolate to come up with the correct size, but I’ll tell you how to set it the square on which the logo would go.

First, double click on the background color that shows at the bottom of your Toolbar. A color palette will open, and you can choose the color you want for the background Once you’ve decided, click OK. You’ll see the background color on the toolbar has changed from its default black or white to the new color.

Now go to File>New. That will let you set up a new blank background image. You’ll have to make some choices about size. You can start with something about one inch by one inch and see how that goes. Select 72ppi as the resolution and make sure it is set to open with Background Color. When you’ve made your choices, click OK and a new blank document will open on your desktop.

Make sure the Layers Palette is open on your desktop, too.

Now select the Type Tool from the Toolbar. You’ll have to choose the font you want, the font color, and the proper font size. All of these settings will be in the Elements Option Bar, which is just under the main menu. When you’ve made your choices just type in your letters. You’ll probably find that you have to play with the font size several times before you get the look you want. To edit what you’ve typed, just highlight it like you would in a plain word processing document and then change font, color, size, etc.

You’ll also notice the text will be on a separate layer from the background. The JPEG format won’t save with layers, so you’ll have to merge the layers or flatten the image before it can be saved as a JPEG. That’s done through Layers> in the main menu. Once you’ve flattened your image, though, you won’t be able to edit the text, so you might want to make a duplicate through Image>Duplicate Image before you convert to JPEG. That way if you don’t like what you’ve got you can go back to the original and make more changes.
J
jyotiagrawal
Feb 25, 2004
Thanks I will try

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections