T
Posted By
tomlesser
Oct 14, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve created a web gallery in PSCS2 selecting the template titled "Horizontal-Feedback." The problem is that the filename of every image you select from the thumbnails to view in the larger window ends up in the feedback email, whether or not you’ve entered any feedback for that image (which can be done by checking the "approved" or "other" box, or by entering info into the feeback pane). It seems that as you advance through the thumbnails, the "save feedback" function is automatically invoked (even though no feedback has been entered) and the "remove feedback" does NOT remove the feedback. I’ve tested the resulting galleries on a Mac using Firefox, IE and Safari, with identical results, so I suspect it’s not a browser-related issue, but a gallery-code issue.

I’ve tested the Centered Frame 1-Feedback and Centered Frame 2-Feedback templates as well, and they both seem to function properly, but they are less desirable because you have to open & close the feedback pane for every image … too inconvenient.

Is there a fix? Ideally, a fix would be something that would create the gallery without creating the problem described, rather than a patch that would have to be applied to every gallery created using the Horizontal-Feedback template.

Thank You.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

T
ThinkSink
Oct 17, 2006
Ok I made the same gallery to see what you are talking about. If you open your Thumbnailframe.htm file which lives at the root of your gallery with your index.htm file, in dremweaver or any html editor program. (Not sure what your Web programming skill level is) you’ll notice a whole bunch of java scripts. The one that is causing the problem is this guy.

-top.TopFrame.document.images["saved"].src = "../images/saved.gif";-

Its an If function basically saying if a thumnail is clicked the image is saved, (and this will add this as feedback) which is giving you this feedback problem. You’ll notice if you click on a thumbnail for the fiurst time (look to the right of "other" with the check box theres nothing) now click on another thumbnail, now click on the one you clicked before you will notice alittle saved icon appears. You nget rid of the if fuction that saying if the image is saved feedback is saved. You need to get rid of this: or anything dealing with "saved"

top.TopFrame.document.images["saved"].src = "../images/saved.gif";

Throughout the cide

-Jeff
T
tomlesser
Oct 17, 2006
Hello Jeff:

No, I’m not well-versed in web programming, but I did try a few things. I located 2 lines that appear exactly as you indicated below, plus one (maybe 2) instances of that line of code which also containing the word "space." I also found a few more occurrences of the word "save" or "saved" but was unclear about what to do with them.

When I removed only the first instance of the line of code you indicated, the "save feedback" button’s functionality was disabled, about 3 rows of html characters appeared above the row of thumbnails, and clicking the email button did not create an email.

This is clearly beyond my present ability to fix.

More important, I think, is that even if I were able to fix it, it looks like something that would have to be fixed manually in every Horizontal-Feedback gallery I might create …… the right solution is for PSCS2 to generate the correct code from the get-go. Perhaps this bug can be addressed by Adobe and a fix made available to us all in the very near future.

Thank you for your help.
Tom Lesser
T
ThinkSink
Oct 17, 2006
I apologize for the Typos.

It would be difficult to explain the entire fix for the problem. Since all those "If statements" are involved. Those "If Statements" are basically saying If the image is saved (clicked) then the form gets submitted.

Just so you know for the future, when you are working with Java Script or any code new statements need to end with semicolons and all brackets need to be closed. Thats why you were getting the code appearing above the thumbnails- which also means the code is not working.

Good luck

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections