RL
Posted By
Rocio_Lopez-Bretzlaff
Feb 15, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to merge metadata to the HORIZONTAL SLIDESHOW preset of Photoshop CS. I have already entered the file data into each of the images I want to add to the gallery and have produced a test slideshow filling the choices provided in the pull-down menu of the Web Photo Gallery menu.

Once produced, the web gallery works well in presenting the images and moving automatically from one image to the next, however, the problem is that only provides the file ‘TITLE’ of the images and nothing else of the metadata in the infoFile which I chose to display when creating the gallery (description/caption, date, etc.).

The template of the Horizonal slideshow shows those fiels, but shows them empty, no information is being merged from the metadata of the images.

I then tried typing the missing info in each of the html pages but when running, ONLY THE INFO OF THE FIRST IMAGE SHOWS FOR ALL IMAGES, even as the images continue to move forward (or backward) correctly. Looking independently to each html page, the info shows correctly, but when running on the show as part of a frame set, it does now show correctly. To see what I mean, you can check the problematic results at:
< http://members.shaw.ca/rocio-lopez/galleries/this-that_galle ry/index.htm>

Can anyone tell me what is that I am missing or doing wrong? Or point out a place where can I find more info/tutorials related to ‘metadata’ and merging it to ‘tokens’?

Thanks for any guidance you might provide 🙂
Rocio

ps. I already checked the tutorial in Adobe Studio "Create Web photo galleries" and does not give details as to how to merge or troubleshoot merging problems But it does say is possible, here is a quote…

"…The Filename, Caption, Credits, Title, and Copyright fields are particularly useful if you are using one of the Web page formats such as Vertical Slide Show 2 when using Web Photo Gallery. If you have values in these fields, you have the option of having these fields be automatically placed on a Web page when Web Photo Gallery creates Web pages — a huge timesaving feature!"

Bgd info: I’m using Photoshop CS on a Windows 2000 environment. I entered metadata information using the File Brower of Photoshop.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections