Posted By
Nicola_Bludau
Nov 7, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
I built a Web Gallery but many of the pictures in the chosen folder does not appear. Further I tried to integrate the gallery in an existing homepage – I do not know how. My Web-programm is NetObjects MX. I can Import HTML pages but no frames.
Thanks for any hints!
Kind regards Nicola

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JD
Juergen_D
Nov 7, 2003
Nicola,

Your first question is hard to answer without some more details. E.g. which pictures do and do not appear? What kind of files are using? On question number 2, I would suggest to just put a link to the Gallery into your existing homepage. You may have to put the Gallery in a separate subdirectory since you want to refer to its index.htm file. Or you can just link to that directory and the browser will default to the index.

Juergen
NB
Nicola_Bludau
Nov 8, 2003
Hello,
the first question I resolved like this: webgallery had a problem with my filenames: it does not like "Umlaute" like Àâü, and the program does not like blancs in fielenames!
The idea with the link sounds simple. The only thing is that I do not have any idea were I will put the link. I have got one site "pictures". In this site I will put several galleries one below the other. I would like that the links opened themselves when someone opens the site "pictures".
Thanks for answering!
Kind regards Nicola
JD
Juergen_D
Nov 8, 2003
Nicola,

I am assuming the site "pictures" is your homepage. The homepage is the first page a visitor would open by entering its URL. Then, within the homepage need to be one or several links to the gallery(ies). When a visitor clicks at one of the links he or she will open up a gallery which is an entirely different document. Since the PSE web gallery does not provide for a link back to your homepage, you should set up the link so it opens the gallery in a new window. Not being familiar with NetObjects MX I can’t tell you how to put the link(s) into your homepage; maybe somebody else can help out with that. Look here to see the way I put my site together: http://home.carolina.rr.com/jdirrigl/home.htm
I did some editing of the gallery HTML to accommodate the back links. That way my galleries do not have to open in a new window.

Juergen
S
snoluvr
Nov 8, 2003
Hi Juergen!
Very nice site you have there! I would like to do the same, but I have much figuring out to do yet! If all I had to do was sit at my pc 24-7 I’d have this figured out by now. Being new to the world of computers I’ve had many other issues to deal with since getting a pc back in May. My perennial gardens just wont be the same next spring [in Minnesota] because of this new "entity" in my home! The days of constant up-keep of the home/yard are few anymore!
Thank you for sharing your photo’s, you have a very nice home/yard and looks like you and your mate know how to have a good time too!

Regards,
snoluvr
JD
Juergen_D
Nov 8, 2003
snoluvr,

Thank you for your kind words. And, yes we do like to have a good time. πŸ™‚ As far as the PC skills go: practice, practice, practice. Don’t give up if things don’t work right away. It will ‘click’ sooner or later.

Juergen
NB
Nicola_Bludau
Nov 10, 2003
Hello and thanks for answering!
Yes I think a link could help – but I would like to have an automatic link, that means a visitor open the site "pictures" and all the galleries open automatically without clicking anywhere. Until now I haven’t got any idea how I could realize this!I would like an automatic link because there is yet a break in the design (and it is not possible to realize the gallery in the design of the rest of my page) And I would like that the break is not so hard – for this the automatic linking – which is not at all necessary in yout page.
Here’ ma page: bauen-energie-texte.de (still without picture pages) Kind regards Nicola
NS
Nancy_S
Nov 10, 2003
Nicola,

Is this your page?

<http://www.bauen-energie-texte.de/>
NB
Nicola_Bludau
Nov 10, 2003
Yes, it’s my page. and linking the gallery, I’ve thought as ever too difficult: It will be automativally, if I integrate the galleries directly in my page. I’ve got still two problems:
1. Every Adobe-file creates a very useful professional list of properties (Eigenschaften), which can be reached if you click the file in the windows explorer – properties (Eigenschaften). The properties you can define in Photoshop Elements itself are a bit poor. I think it would be a great using the properties of the file – even for image decrtiption in my homepage. But I do not know how!
2. In my program (NetObjects Fusion MX) It’s possible to integrate an HTML-page like this "import – html-page" and I can import one file – so I imported the index html-file. Logically there aren’t any links to the pop-up’s. How can I manage this?
Kind regards NIcola
NB
Nicola_Bludau
Nov 10, 2003
Hello,
I resolved one problem: you have to insert the gallery in the site-screen (but ist’s surely specific to NOF)
Kind regards Nicola

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections