Posted By
propage
Oct 3, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I work as the sole Mac and sole Photoshop user in a fairly large organisation. We have hundreds of hi-res images spread across two marketing departments. There are around twenty people in these departments – all PC users.

The problem we have is that we have no way for all these marketers to view the hundreds of images stored either on the Mac or on a remote server. They all use PCs and they don’t have Photoshop. I cannot justify their all having Photoshop just for viewing images.

Is there any viewer program that is out there that can be installed on their PCs allowing them to browse all the images? Ideally I would like to add keywords and other info to the files for quick browsing.

Any ideas anyone?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

I
icurate
Oct 5, 2006
I don’t know of any free or cheap solutions but, we use Canto’s Cumulus database here. We have 100s of thousands of images and people spread across the country. It works great for us. If you are planning on expanding your image library in the future I would look into this.
I
IanMcPherson
Oct 6, 2006
Extensis Portfolio is also an option.

<http://www.extensis.com>

We use it mostly with PDFs but I believe it works with most image formats.

Ian
SW
Scott_Weichert
Oct 7, 2006
If you have Indesign, it has a nifty picture package that’s great as well.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections