R
Posted By
roxbury
Jan 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having a problem getting my image to mirror like i want it to… i have an image with text running vertically along the right border of the image. the problem is that i need this text running along the left border. If i flip horizontally i get the text where i want it, but the text obviously turns into giberish because its flipped. Is there a way to mirror the flipped image so as to keep my text along the left border, but correct it so it is legible?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Brian
Jan 29, 2005
"roxbury" wrote in message
I am having a problem getting my image to mirror like i want it to… i have an image with text running vertically along the right border of the image. the problem is that i need this text running along the left border. If i flip horizontally i get the text where i want it, but the text obviously turns into giberish because its flipped. Is there a way to mirror the flipped image so as to keep my text along the left border, but correct it so it is legible?
Yes, there are probably several ways to perform what you wish to achieve. Is the text sitting on a fairly plain area of the image (eg. say on an area of plain colour) or is it over an integral part of the image with detail? If it is just over a plain area, using your rectangular selection tool – draw a rectangle surrounding the text. Then click on Ctrl-J (layer via copy) which will put your selection (reversed text) on a new layer above the original. You can now flip that text horizontally so that is back to the right way around again (Edit>Transform>Flip Horizontal), but it will still be sitting on the left of the image where you want it. You may then have to move it a little to one side to line it up again, you can do this using your arrow keys on your keyboard.
If the text is above detail that cannot be lost, let me know and I will give you a couple of alternate ways of handling that situation. Hope this helps, Brian.
B
Brian
Jan 29, 2005
one thing I forgot to mention in that last message roxbury was to flip the whole image horizontally first, like you tried…and then follow the rest of my steps.

"Brian" wrote in message
"roxbury" wrote in message
Yes, there are probably several ways to perform what you wish to achieve. Is the text sitting on a fairly plain area of the image (eg. say on an area of plain colour) or is it over an integral part of the image with detail? If it is just over a plain area, using your rectangular selection tool – draw a rectangle surrounding the text. Then click on Ctrl-J (layer via copy) which will put your selection (reversed text) on a new layer above the original. You can now flip that text horizontally so that is back to the right way around again (Edit>Transform>Flip Horizontal), but it will still be sitting on the left of the image where you want it. You may then have to move it a little to one side to line it up again, you can do this using your arrow keys on your keyboard.
If the text is above detail that cannot be lost, let me know and I will give you a couple of alternate ways of handling that situation. Hope this helps, Brian.
H
Hecate
Jan 30, 2005
On 28 Jan 2005 22:34:24 -0800, "roxbury"
wrote:

Quick and Dirty: File/New. Move the text layer to the blank file. Flip the other image. Drag the text layer back.

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
R
roxbury
Jan 30, 2005
Hecate wrote:
On 28 Jan 2005 22:34:24 -0800, "roxbury"
wrote:

I am having a problem getting my image to mirror like i want it
to… i
have an image with text running vertically along the right border of the image. the problem is that i need this text running along the
left
border. If i flip horizontally i get the text where i want it, but
the
text obviously turns into giberish because its flipped. Is there a
way
to mirror the flipped image so as to keep my text along the left border, but correct it so it is legible?

Quick and Dirty: File/New. Move the text layer to the blank file. Flip the other image. Drag the text layer back.

Unfortunately the text is integrated into the picture and i cant seperate it onto a different layer. Any other suggestions??? or have i come to no-win situation??
B
Brian
Jan 30, 2005
Unfortunately the text is integrated into the picture and i cant seperate it onto a different layer. Any other suggestions??? or have i come to no-win situation??
Can you post the image you are working on somewhere for us to view, Roxbury? Then we can give you accurate advice on how to deal with your dilemma? Brian

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections