JC
Posted By
Jeane_Carlson
Feb 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I show Bulldogs and want to show-off my new litter in our monthly breed magazine. I have separate pictures of my Momma dog and her puppies which were taken at 1024 x 768 pixels at a resolution of 72. I want to have Momma in the middle of the page with cutouts (probably just head shots) of the puppies surrounding her. Can I do this with PSE and wind up with a picture quality good enough to print in the magazine? The page size of the mag. is 5-/2 x 8-1/2.
I have taken a couple of Sara’s classes, but the resolution stuff seems to be very slow penetrating my brain. lol
Thanks for any help.
Jeane

Dell 4500
Pent.4
2.00 GHz
1.99DHz
512 MB RAM
WinXP Home
HP 2110 all in one printer

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
jhjl1
Feb 16, 2004
You should probably contact the magazine and see what resolution, file format and color profile they want. If you bump up your resolution to the more common PPI’s for print you have a pretty small photo to begin with.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
<
NS
Nancy_S
Feb 16, 2004
Jeanne,

Are you sure that number is your image res., not your screen res.?
JC
Jeane_Carlson
Feb 16, 2004
When I put the image in PSE and go to resize image that is what shows in the top boxes. Jeane
JF
Jodi_Frye
Feb 16, 2004
I’m not absolutely positive but i think magazines use a 300 dpi setting for images ( the ones I have sent to requested this anyways) You’ll end up with images around 2.5 X 3.5 which is probably around the size they use ( if not smaller) for those kinds of magazines…well, the ones i’ve seen anyways.
NS
Nancy_S
Feb 16, 2004
Jeanne,

What size is your digital camera in terms of megapixels? (2M, 3M or ?)
JC
Jeane_Carlson
Feb 16, 2004
Nancy,
I didn’t take the pictures, my friend did. I know the camera is a Sony FD, so it is probably no more that 2M, maybe 3M.
Thanks,
Jeane
NS
Nancy_S
Feb 16, 2004
Jeane,

Thanks, was just checking…seemed a bit smaller than the "average" digital images of late.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections